Needle rounds + rebel weapons

gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Needle rounds + rebel weapons

Post by gimrah »

Two observations:

Needle rounds: ranger with laser rifle had no increased damage vs unarmoured advent soldiers. Not just one target but through the whole mission (a troop column). Definitely not mechanical targets.

Rebel weapons: I have a full suite of laser weapons (3 lances, 2 cannon, 2-3 scatter guns, 3 rifles, 3 sten guns). Since having those weapons, I have done a supply convoy defence, a rendezvous, and a hold-off-the-reinforcements haven defence with no rebel ever getting a laser weapons.

Playing LW2 1.1 with no other mods.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Needle rounds + rebel weapons

Post by gimrah »

PS. Not sure if it's relevant but all targets were suffering one or more status effects: stun/disorient, poison and/or fire.

PPS. Also it was definitely a bug in effect not just display: on one shot the laser rifle did 4 damage without grazing.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

gimrah wrote:Rebel weapons: I have a full suite of laser weapons (3 lances, 2 cannon, 2-3 scatter guns, 3 rifles, 3 sten guns). Since having those weapons, I have done a supply convoy defence, a rendezvous, and a hold-off-the-reinforcements haven defence with no rebel ever getting a laser weapons.
Pretty sure rebel weapon tech is supposed to lag one step behind yours, so rebels get lasers when you get mag weapons.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Pretty sure rebel weapon tech is supposed to lag one step behind yours, so rebels get lasers when you get mag weapons.
If that's WAD then fair enough I guess on the rebel point.

The needle one stands though. It didn't increase damage against non-robotic Advent.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

gimrah wrote:The needle one stands though. It didn't increase damage against non-robotic Advent.
Yeah I think it's a known bug, seen it reported before. I haven't done the research personally, seems a waste. :p
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

cerebrawl wrote:
gimrah wrote:Rebel weapons: I have a full suite of laser weapons (3 lances, 2 cannon, 2-3 scatter guns, 3 rifles, 3 sten guns). Since having those weapons, I have done a supply convoy defence, a rendezvous, and a hold-off-the-reinforcements haven defence with no rebel ever getting a laser weapons.
It's also tied to the rebel's individual level. If most of your rebels are total noobs then they can still lag behind and have lasers, but by the time you have coiltech most of them should have mag.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

If most of your rebels are total noobs then they can still lag behind and have lasers, but by the time you have coiltech most of them should have mag.
Some of them were levelled up but I only had laser tech, not mag. So sounds like rebels not getting lasers at that point is deliberate.