KIA or MIA after X4'ed Monument & Use valid Evac...

Zyxpsilon

KIA or MIA after X4'ed Monument & Use valid Evac...

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Title..
That's what "Firebrand" speech was all about!

The post-mission debrief Rewards panel even had "Mission Failed" while the whole crew (Stealth-Team of four) was acting their familiar regret animations... and the Skyranger squad was all there upon exit -- healthy.
Immediately went to the Barracks List to verify.. and everyone showed up as available.

I had properly setup the X4 & called for Evac.. thinking this mission was just over even if there were still four enemies on that map.

THUS -- it's either the winning-conditions script that skipped the fact we need to kill everything **before** calling Evac or i've just got somewhat lucky with such false results.

IIRC though.. Bradford was supposed to instruct me to finish that mission correctly -- not even sure if he DID.

Weird i know, but it's still a "buggy" incidence nonetheless -- by my own lack of attention to verbal details or the gameplay engine just failed to dispatch that whole crew as KIA/MIA like it should if we leave under such conditions.

EDIT

Yup.. that's what i thought. I've reloaded that last Autosave file & just dealt with the last four enemies -- and only THEN stepped into the already activated EVAC zone to leave as we're all supposed to.
But this whole strange cycle of events proves the actual fairplay results aren't processed as they should.
As an indirect solution.. maybe some extra "Warning" popup or speech could be triggered while we attempt those too-early-evac calls.
Daergar

Re: KIA or MIA after X4'ed Monument & Use valid Evac...

Post by Daergar »

Doesn't blowing the monument state "eliminate all enemies" and "place x4 charges"? You do not need to call for an evac at all, the mission just ends with the statue blowing up?

Basically, you called for an evac and pulled out of the mission early, resulting in a failure since you did not meet the requirement "eliminate all".

Then you did it again, but completed the objectives and thus mission accomplished. Not sure I understand what the problem is, which is certainly not a requirement. ;)
Arcalane

Re: KIA or MIA after X4'ed Monument & Use valid Evac...

Post by Arcalane »

Last time I did one of these, Bradford correctly told me I had to eliminate all enemies (bit of a surprise, I expected an evac mission option, but the stealth team aced it anyway because They're Just That Good) and X4 the statue.

You shouldn't need to call in evac at all. Pretty sure this is a case of user error, not a bug.