Berserkers will attack their allies (Unactivated) and then activate the pod

Manifest

Berserkers will attack their allies (Unactivated) and then activate the pod

Post by Manifest »

1.1 PC, Perfect Info, Flank Preview, Evac All, Overwatch All, Unequip Upgrades All

Datatap Defense. First Enemy Phase a Berserker attacked her ally and knocked him unconscious in the fog of war, (His body is visible in the save file.), the rest of the pod ran towards the datatap. Next turn, another berserker will attack her Naja comrade in the fog of war and activate her own pod again, I believe.

I have a savegame available on the second turn. After the first soldier was knocked unconscious, and right before the second attack and activation on the naja, which can be witnessed by skipping the turn.

I believed this was a case of the berserker attacking a stray civvie for some reason and then aoeing a friend, but this happened three times actually in this mission before I quit, so I doubt it.
wei270

Re: Berserkers will attack their allies (Unactivated) and then activate the pod

Post by wei270 »

do you mean that you enraged an activated berserk and he ran toward and unactivated pod, attacked it and consequently activating the unactivated pod?

or did that berserker that was neither activated or enraged, attacked his Allie in fog thus activating them
jfoevv820ueb

Post by jfoevv820ueb »

wei270 wrote:do you mean that you enraged an activated berserk and he ran toward and unactivated pod, attacked it and consequently activating the unactivated pod?

or did that berserker that was neither activated or enraged, attacked his Allie in fog thus activating them
I believe he means the second one. I've observed this, as well, same scenario, though the pods never activated (I seem to recall something about this being fixed in some update somewhere, but it might have been a different mod), and the berserker was actually about 30 or so tiles away from her pod, so I assumed she was targeting a civvie and hit an enemy from another pod at the same time.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

wei270 wrote:do you mean that you enraged an activated berserk and he ran toward and unactivated pod, attacked it and consequently activating the unactivated pod?

No. In either case the berserker had done this before they met me, and they were seemingly at full hp, so I don't think I missed them getting aggroed by map hazards.

Edit: I think this is the save, at least it's my latest save. The rebels have the first turn berserker pod in sight, skipping the turn should allow you to see the other berserker pod smack someone in the fog of war. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ZdLx ... pxOHc/view
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the save. This does look like a bug in the berserker AI. It's sort of a vanilla bug, but one that could never occur without mods because ordinarily berserkers cannot appear on "destroy object" style missions. I've added it to our bug list and will try to get a fix in as soon as I can.

Edit: Checked in a fix for this today.