Sectopod becomes "Tard-opod" after override hack?

sirburton

Sectopod becomes "Tard-opod" after override hack?

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys. I met my first Sectopod. Did override hack on it and took control.
Then something weird happened.
I activated the super laser cannon skill of the sectopod and it remained stuck in the cannon loading position. It just stayed frozen in that position without never firing with the super cannon.
Also everything about it became bugged after this happened. When moving the sectopod to a certain point, the walking animation just disappeared and instead the sectopod teleported to the point selected. Also other skills and attacks became bugged with no animation or sound but still dealing damage.
Is this bug happening because of the override or because of the super cannon skill ?=
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
Hazelnut

Re: Sectopod becomes "Tard-opod" after override hack?

Post by Hazelnut »

Wraith cannon is not usable when you hack a sectopod. Gun and lightning do work.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Hazelnut wrote:Wraith cannon is not usable when you hack a sectopod. Gun and lightning do work.
really? then why I had the relative icone desplayed with all the correct description? Also the sectopod started the loading sequence just like an enemy sectopod would do
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I have no idea exactly why it doesn't work, I'm just telling you what I have found from experimentation.

My suspicion is that it was never implemented/tested because in base XCOM2 hacking a sectopod is really hard and only lasts a few turns so never seemed important to implement the wraith cannon for user control. I could be completely wrong, I can't recall doing this in vanilla. I do distinctly recall mind controlling replacing hacking as my ablative shield acquisition method of choice, so probably never hacked a Sectopod in vanilla.
justdont

Post by justdont »

Wraith cannon worked fine in vanilla.
I did hack a sectopod on a final mission (several +10 permanent hack bonuses over the campaign makes it easy), and fired wraith cannon at the aliens quite well. And it did work correctly at all stages.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

justdont wrote:Wraith cannon worked fine in vanilla.
I did hack a sectopod on a final mission (several +10 permanent hack bonuses over the campaign makes it easy), and fired wraith cannon at the aliens quite well. And it did work correctly at all stages.
What you mean with "serveral +10 permanent bonus" ?
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Oh, so it's a LW2 bug then? Maybe with Full Override perk, not tried with normal Haywire in LW2.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

sirburton wrote:
Sometimes when you hack, one of the options is a permanent increase in the soldier's hacking stat. These are stackable, so there's no upper limit on how high your soldiers' hacking stat can get.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

cerebrawl wrote:
sirburton wrote:
Sometimes when you hack, one of the options is a permanent increase in the soldier's hacking stat. These are stackable, so there's no upper limit on how high your soldiers' hacking stat can get.
Now I get it.
I just got one of those on my main hacker soldier. Since you find those bonuses in -hack workstation- missions which I usually run with 1 solo soldier, which usually is a shinobi.