BUG: Alien Nest gamebreaking

Tides

BUG: Alien Nest gamebreaking

Post by Tides »

Hey Pavonis - and anyone else reading.

1 Long War Version: 1.0

2 Platform: Desktop computer - Windows 10 (64bit)

3 Mods: LW2 Tactical Suppressors, True Concealment for LW2, LW2 Better Squad Icon Selector, LW2 Requested Squad Icons, Capnbubs Accessories Pack, Hack Plus, Diverse Facepaints, Gotcha, LW2 Additional Squad Icons, An Easier War: Infiltration, An Easier War: Pod Sizes, MTM's LW2 Squad Icon Pack, Infiltrator Sneaksuits, An Easier War: Dark Events.

4 How the bug happens:
Been doing a LW2 Campaign for some time now with the DLC's active and have already done and killed off my Alien Nest and the individual Rulers.
Then the Alien Nest POI appeared again on the map and i figured "Hey, another set of armors? I'm game!"
That however was a trap. The POI gives access to the Alien Nest mission as per usual, and the mission functions as usual, except for the Viper King. He did show up, but only the animation of him showing up. Then i was left with a animation of the Viper King, no ACUAL Viper King and a squad trapped on a mission they are unable to evac from.

5 Savegame: I'd be happy to give you my savefile, i would however need some help locating it and a mailing adress :-)

I saved my game at the start of the mission, and i use only 1 save, so my game is now finished after over 200 hours. A VERY sour note to finish on.
You should get this fixed, one way or another. :cry:

Edit: Sorry for lack of info at first post.
Shnashnashnanana

Re: BUG: Alien Nest gamebreaking

Post by Shnashnashnanana »

I have the same issue.

1 Long War Version: 1.0, game and LW2 installed from Steam.

2 Platform: Desktop computer - Windows 10 (64bit)

3 Mods:
Skyranger Lift Sound Fix
Gotcha Again
No Drop-down Lists
Peek From Concealment
Coil Plasma Tier Swap
Restored Avenger Navigation
Additional Icons
Perfect Information
Capnbubs Accessories Pack
Make all Items Available & Remove Unused Upgrades
ISky's Big LW2 Name Mod
True Concealment for LW2

4 How the bug happens:
I had Shen's last gift mission twice and now the alien nest mission appeared second time.
In the second alien nest mission i have the same problem as Tides - there is only animation of Viper king, it does not do anything and cannot be killed.

5 Save:
In mission https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1X3E ... EYxenhtTmc
Before mission https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1X3E ... G5HWHRGZjg
yunthi

Re: BUG: Alien Nest gamebreaking

Post by yunthi »

same here. easymode.

viper nest mission spawns, i investigate it, but dont have the manpower to do it immediately. while the previous mission is still up, a new investigation spawns for it.

finished first and was thinkin cool, maybe ill get a second armor since the army size is much bigger.
nop, viper king graphics is there but there is no-one in that spot. i can even step into the square and nothing happens.
evac doesnt work, can push the button but no square appears and cant place it. grappled out of the room to investigate if i could pop it on the entrance, the rest of the area is covered in darkness even as my trooper fumbles his way towards the entrance blindly.

lucky for me im not playing iron man so i can go to a save before the mission so not game breaking for me.

on a sidenote, i also got a second instance for shens last gift. that one worked fine and i did get a second spark out of it.
it was also named spark-001 (my previous one had become "giga" spark-001, not sure if the name would clash without the upgrade of the previous one.)