Alien Nest: Boss Bug ?

sirburton

Alien Nest: Boss Bug ?

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys
Since I wasn't getting the alien nest mission, i forced it through the console.
When I met the snake king I killed it quite easily.
I noticed it didn't have the usual ruler behaviour (1 ruler action after each and every action I perform with my xcoms) but It took my flame dot damage between my xcoms' actions. Is it a bug?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
bountygiver

Re: Alien Nest: Boss Bug ?

Post by bountygiver »

In LW2 the rulers only have a chance of taking action after you take an action instead of guarantee to do that every time.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

bountygiver wrote:In LW2 the rulers only have a chance of taking action after you take an action instead of guarantee to do that every time.
Didn't know that, this makes them incredibly easy to defeat. Any way to restore their behaviours to vanilla?
Or maybe giving them a chance of 50% of reacting after each of my actions?
Kharneth

Post by Kharneth »

Edit XcomLW_Overhaul ini file, line 370:

ALIEN_RULER_ACTION_BONUS_APPLY_CHANCE=25

Change 25 for the % you want, I think 100 will restore the vainilla behaviour ;)
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Just keep in mind that you might not have your anti-ruler tools in the squad that encounters them. While you were probably prepared for the nest mission, a squad might run into a ruler while they don't have any Frost Bomb, Bolt Caster or Hunter's Axe available, so 100% ruler reactions might be extremely punishable.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Kharneth wrote:Edit XcomLW_Overhaul ini file, line 370:

ALIEN_RULER_ACTION_BONUS_APPLY_CHANCE=25

Change 25 for the % you want, I think 100 will restore the vainilla behaviour ;)
thx a lot
DerAva wrote:Just keep in mind that you might not have your anti-ruler tools in the squad that encounters them. While you were probably prepared for the nest mission, a squad might run into a ruler while they don't have any Frost Bomb, Bolt Caster or Hunter's Axe available, so 100% ruler reactions might be extremely punishable.
You're right, but rulers must be a thrill. Maybe 100% reaction is too much since LW2 is just so hard istself. I'll put it to a 50% I'd say
rakdarian

Post by rakdarian »

Is there a way to manually spawn one of the other rulers with console commands?
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

rakdarian wrote:Is there a way to manually spawn one of the other rulers with console commands?
yes it was 'dropunit berserkerqueen 1 0' or something like this
one user posted it in this thread or in another one