Recruit Raid game ending bug

trihero

Recruit Raid game ending bug

Post by trihero »

LW 2 Version 1.2
Cosmetic Mods

In the beginning of the map, I had 3 rebels with my team. One got shot and killed, and I evacced the other two. The bug is that, the mission is "stuck" on the objective "evacuate all rebel affiliates" even though I have no more left to evacuate. Thus, I am game-endingly stuck because the evac flare will not come for my xcom team, so they just keep dropping reinforcements on me and I have no escape.

Here is a link to my save file where I have cleared the map but no evac flare is coming for xcom:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Ga8 ... E5lTFZmMTQ

If it helps, here is a link to my save file at the beginning of the map

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Ga8 ... 2p6Rks2SnM

I would appreciate if you have some sort of console command that allows me to finish the mission successfully, as I cannot continue my campaign at this point (was really trying to test out psi squads), and I refuse to let my 8 men die.

I have a really weird theory: in the map there are civilians which aren't mine, and when I walked near them in the beginning with the psi operative the solace removed their panic. I wonder if this somehow makes those civilians count as mine even though I can't control or evac them, hence why the evac for xcom never comes.
Jadiel

Re: Recruit Raid game ending bug

Post by Jadiel »

Can you use the console commands to force a new evac zone, and finish the mission?
trihero

Post by trihero »

Where can I find the console command to do that? I looked in long war 201 forum and deaconivory posted a bunch, but I didn't see anything there regarding an evac flare.

I hope it actually works...because the objective itself is stuck on "evac rebels" so I don't know even if evaccing xcom would fix it. There is already an evac on the map that accepts rebels, but I already did all the rebels, and the next step isn't progressing like it should. Stuck game, very frustrated, not going to suicide my 8 men just to fail the mission so I can go on.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

Have you tried:

EnableGlobalAbility PlaceEvacZone
LWForceEvac

The first command should let you throw an evac flare. The second should make firebrand arrive immediately.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I just wound up restarting the map from a load and this time things went smoothly.