Psi Ops Solace is BADLY broken

trihero

Psi Ops Solace is BADLY broken

Post by trihero »

Version 1.2
cosmetic mods

1) It doesn't extinguish mental effects like it says it does. I allowed a drone to disorient one of my soldiers, who was out of range of my psi's solace, then I walked my psi within range, and it did not remove disorient.

This appears to have been around for a long time, according to this user's comment half a year ago against sectoid's disorient

https://forums.2k.com/archive/index.php/t-4283815.html

2) It causes ridiculously severe lag, especially during the alien turn. I suspected this for a while due to joinrbs comments in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tckACDIHCGU

But then I really began to get a feel for this in 1.2 when I started to test psis seriously. First, I noticed that whenever I took my three psis on a mission (like supply raid), the enemy turns would go EXTREMELY long, like three MINUTES even on a "light" mission. Exactly like joinrbs described, the pods would scamper one at a time instead of simultaneously.

Second, I noticed whenever I did similar missions without any psis, I didn't notice any extreme lag on enemy turns, and the pods scampered simultaneously for the most part.

The nail in the coffin is I did a little bit of science - one of my psis happens to not have solace. I brought only that one psi on a HQ raid, and voila - no lag, and pods scampering simultaneously. In addition to this: I was able to issue commands during the psi ops turns while other people were moving, which I couldn't due with psi ops who have solace.

Solace is SEVERELY bugged - as a PSA I would say to other users - don't learn it, because it causes unbearable lag, and doesn't extinguish mental effects (at least disorient) as it says it does.

Does anyone know of a console command to remove solace from my psis? Or where the ini settings are for psis? I want to remove my psis with solace and redo them, I'm pretty pissed not only does the skill not do what it says, but makes the game unbelievably laggy.
dstar3k

Re: Psi Ops Solace is BADLY broken

Post by dstar3k »

trihero wrote: 2) It causes ridiculously severe lag, especially during the alien turn. I suspected this for a while due to joinrbs comments in this video
Just out of curiosity... IIRC, there's a graphics option called something like 'high resolution translucency'; if you disable that, does that affect the performance hit?
trihero

Re: Psi Ops Solace is BADLY broken

Post by trihero »

I have everything set to minimum graphics already, so no it doesn't help.