Clown Car Cell full of Aliens

Tuhalu

Clown Car Cell full of Aliens

Post by Tuhalu »

This is a thing that happened in a stream I was watching today. Intended gameplay or bug?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernIgnorantTildeDxAbomb

In case it's not entirely clear, the cell had an entire pod of enemies locked in it along with the prisoners.

1) The version of Long War you are playing: He's playing 1.2
2) The platform you are playing on: Likely steam on windows.
3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with: His list of mods can be found here: http://pastebin.com/ArFz07uf
4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it: During a prisoner extraction mission.
5) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at: Not sure one exists.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Clown Car Cell full of Aliens

Post by chrisb »

I've had this happen once as well. I believe there was a drone outside the cell and two troopers inside it.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

ADVENT Strenght: 2
Number of enemies: Light
4/18/2035 (Early game)

This can't be the trap mission. That guy outside the cell was inside, at the door. I moved the VIP out, he was surrounded by the pod.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Your right it doesn't have anything to do with it being the Snare mission, those are always hack missions and require 7+ regional strength. This is just an artifact of the pod spawner seeing those tiles as valid tiles to spawn on. Normally it wouldn't be an issue because the pod would just open the door, but since they can't open a door that is locked they get stuck until you hack it open.

From what I've read, the code that spawns pods uses some very general logic that places pods within some deviation from the line between you and the objective. Sometimes that will lead to them being right on top of the objective, and in case of Jailbreaks being locked in the cell with the objective.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Happened to me tonight. Saw a flash of them in the cell on the mission start, then upon hacking the cell, discovered they were still in there.

I've also seen mobs from pods path through the cells before they were hacked as well.

Okay, this has me wondering if Dwarf Fortress could be modded into an XCOM game. 'Cause there's no game like Dwarf Fortress for causing "fun" when you let the Clowns out of the Circus. :D