Region invasion: civilians unfriendly?

infidel901

Region invasion: civilians unfriendly?

Post by infidel901 »

Just had a "region invasion" mission, where the aliens try to take back a liberated zone, and where you have to 1) kill aliens 2) destroy transponder 3) save civilians (or resistance personnel, but none of them are armed, so...)

There were two bugs. The first bug, which seems more serious, is that the civilians with the blue interaction circles would not only not allow me to save them but would run away, and be destroyed by my own overwatch fire. In otherwords, they were hostile? But they still had blue interaction circles! Also in other missions where civies were semi-hostile, they did not activate my own overwatch fire.

Instead of activating and allowing me to get them to the evac zone, the civilians would seem to disappear and the counter would remain unchanged: the number of dead civilian would stay the same, and the number of rescued civies would remain zero.

The second bug is that audio began to deteriorate. All sounds started to become stuttered and drawn out.

Version 1.2, on windows 10.
Jadiel

Re: Region invasion: civilians unfriendly?

Post by Jadiel »

On invasion missions there are two types of 'civilians' (with blue circles). Some of them are rebels from your haven, and some are just civilians. You can only rescue rebels. If you move into interaction range of a civilian, they will just run a short distance and disappear. So that bit is WAD.

I've never seen the civilians trigger overwatch though (although this may be because I usually only put units into OW right at the end of my turn). That sounds like a bug.
infidel901

Re: Region invasion: civilians unfriendly?

Post by infidel901 »

Hmm....well it would be cool if we could turn off the blue interaction circles on non-resistance personnel.