Ranger Ammo Bug

raduman

Ranger Ammo Bug

Post by raduman »

1) LW 1.2
2) Windows 7
3) Gotcha, EvacAll, PerfectInformation, Commander'sChoice and nothing else.
4) The problem(advantage) is: The Ranger's first shot does not consume ammo.
Circumstances:I have two rangers with laser rifles in the save file; without any extra moves, when I use the ranger that has Armor Piercing Ammo to make her first shot on a drone, the shot consumes NO ammo. The second shot DOES consume ammo. The other ranger's first shot DOES consume ammo. At first I thought it was related to the Armor Piercing Ammo small item, but after shooting an Advent Sentry instead, the same thing happens. Not sure what causes it.
After further testing I have confirmed that taking a blue move with said ranger and shooting produces the same effect: ammo does not appear to have been consumed.
The two rangers have the same weapon, same rank and they have the same perks. The only difference is their loadout (one has armor piercing bullets, other tracer rounds) and some weapon mods.
If it's not some kind of weird interaction from the weapon mods and loadout, it can only be something related to the circumstances in that map/turn, is what I'm thinking.
5)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzS7a ... sp=sharing
bountygiver

Re: Ranger Ammo Bug

Post by bountygiver »

are you able to reload your gun after shooting the free ammo? If yes, that might be the double equip bug from vanilla. Like the PCS stacking bug, it happens sometimes when you equip them through squad select.
raduman

Re: Ranger Ammo Bug

Post by raduman »

bountygiver wrote:are you able to reload your gun after shooting the free ammo? If yes, that might be the double equip bug from vanilla. Like the PCS stacking bug, it happens sometimes when you equip them through squad select.
Okay, this is really weird. I can reload with full ammo BEFORE having taking any shot (the icon shows and the reload happens), but AFTER i take the free shot, i still have full 3/3 ammo and i cannot reload anymore.
It might be what you say it might be but, like, a different flavor of it?