Crit Doesn't Add Up

Ithuriel

Crit Doesn't Add Up

Post by Ithuriel »

Long story short, my sniper's crit chance isn't adding up. According to the factors listed on his bar, he should have 90% to crit; instead it shows him as 86%. I'm just baffled- not because I think he should have 90%, but because that's what his crit values add up to. In the screenshot I linked, the only contributing factors are: Flanking, Steady Weapon, Aggression, Weapon Crit, Deadshot, Talon Rounds, and Dodge.
Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =883126750

In the same turn, same target- my other Sharpshooter's crit adds up for the standard shot, but not for Precision shot. Contributing factors: Flanking, Precision Shot, Steady Weapon, Weapon Crit, Deadshot, Talon Rounds.
Second screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =883129327

...actually I just had a suspicion. I think that my crit again him is hard-capped at 85, because I believe he has 15 Dodge.
  • Should this be the case- that even if I have significantly over 100 crit I cannot guarantee a crit against a target with any dodge? Is this intended?
  • Is there anyway for the interface to clarify this, if intended, to the player? I was really confused until I thought about it for a while, and it's kind of misleading.
bountygiver

Re: Crit Doesn't Add Up

Post by bountygiver »

that's the crit clamping introduced in 1.2

Your crit now caps at 100% before dodge, so instead of 105% - 15% (or 120% in the second screenshot) it's 100%-15%=85%
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

bountygiver wrote:that's the crit clamping introduced in 1.2

Your crit now caps at 100% before dodge, so instead of 105% - 15% (or 120% in the second screenshot) it's 100%-15%=85%
Yeah, I thought as much. It's annoying that the interface doesn't give an indication of why this is happening, though.

ALSO more importantly... my Sharpshooter has the Depth Perception mod, and he's clearly shooting at a target at lower elevation since he has height advantage bonuses. So why does the Officer get 15 dodge against the Sniper? Shouldn't Depth Perception negate it? For that matter, why doesn't the Depth Perception +5 aim show up at all?
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

Ithuriel wrote:

Yeah, I thought as much. It's annoying that the interface doesn't give an indication of why this is happening, though.

ALSO more importantly... my Sharpshooter has the Depth Perception mod, and he's clearly shooting at a target at lower elevation since he has height advantage bonuses. So why does the Officer get 15 dodge against the Sniper? Shouldn't Depth Perception negate it? For that matter, why doesn't the Depth Perception +5 aim show up at all?
look again, depth perception does show up, and I guess the officer had more dodge?
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

bountygiver wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:

look again, depth perception does show up, and I guess the officer had more dodge?
Oh, derp XD I couldn't check at the time and I was unsure, thanks for the clarification. But I'm very confident that the -dodge component of Depth Perception isn't working, at the very least in that case. The Officer didn't have any buffs apart from +1 mobility, and I looked at the list of perks Officers can get- none of them would give him bonus dodge against a sniper. Also, for my difficulty the Advanced Officer has 15 dodge, which is exactly what showed up in that case; I can't think of anything that would cause him to have 40 dodge, so that the -25 dodge from Depth Perception left him at 15.
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

Ithuriel wrote:
bountygiver wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:

Oh, derp XD I couldn't check at the time and I was unsure, thanks for the clarification. But I'm very confident that the -dodge component of Depth Perception isn't working, at the very least in that case. The Officer didn't have any buffs apart from +1 mobility, and I looked at the list of perks Officers can get- none of them would give him bonus dodge against a sniper. Also, for my difficulty the Advanced Officer has 15 dodge, which is exactly what showed up in that case; I can't think of anything that would cause him to have 40 dodge, so that the -25 dodge from Depth Perception left him at 15.
He might've rolled the hard target ability from TDEs, hard target does not show up anywhere except the bottom left perk list which is not visible on enemies.