Two officers in a retiliations missions

Kharneth

Two officers in a retiliations missions

Post by Kharneth »

It is supossed you only have one officer per squad and if you take two or more officers in the same squad only the high level officer have officer abilities.
But if you have a retiliation where your haven advisor have high level officer than your squad officer both of then have their officers abilities working.
The true is i like this bug and think it have a lot of sense and in fact i think is better if your haven advisor always have his officers abilities working, no matters the officers level :lol:

1) The version of Long War you are playing.
2) The platform you are playing on.
Steam/W8
3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with.
Cosmetics mods, gotcha, perfect information and a pair of ini tweaks (flares on and reduce retraining time 1 day per level)
4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it.
Retiliation missions where your haven adviser is a high level officer than your squad officer
5) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at.
Yes, but it is ironman. Probably not very useful to reproduce it. Still is easy to reproduce it in the circinstances above
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Two officers in a retiliations missions

Post by chrisb »

This is a feature not a bug!

More serious though, I don't think this really impacts much. I can see why it happens, the haven advisor is not part of the squad when it loads out. And your HA is basically in a separate 'squad' from the main cavalry. I think rebels need all the help they can get, not that many officer perks are going to help them. Lead by Example maybe? but that's a bit high level. I guess there could be some exploits with double command?

I've tried to exploit it a couple of times, it really doesn't amount to that much of an advantage. Maybe you can oscar mike to GTFO with your rebels if you T0 activate? lol