Alien Rulers RE-Appear???

Zyxpsilon

Alien Rulers RE-Appear???

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Not sure if that is WAI or a bug.. but much to my surprise i just met the --Archon King-- for the second time even if i had "officially" killed him in a previous encounter.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they would ever fall back into the spawn bucket(s)... unless that's the LW2 plan by design? Otherwise, try fixing that flaw please.
Zyxpsilon

Re: Alien Rulers RE-Appear???

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Hold on..

Would these value settings from the ---XComGameData.INI--- file that start on Line #963...

Code: Select all

[DLC_2.XComGameState_AlienRulerManager]

RulerMaxNumEncounters[0]=20
RulerMaxNumEncounters[1]=20
RulerMaxNumEncounters[2]=20
RulerMaxNumEncounters[3]=20
.. give us some sort of indirect control over how many times they're pre-supposed to show up?
And, if so could changing those 20 with 1 prevent them from re-appearing *AFTER* their normal cycles?

Any Pavonis staff knows the facts about this tricky stuff already?
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

I don't think RulerMaxNumEncounters is used for that; that option specifies how many times a ruler is allowed to spawn in a mission without you killing it before it's removed from the campaign. If you saw it again after killing it once that sounds like a different bug where the original death wasn't recorded.

There are some console commands you can use to inspect the ruler state: \PrintRulerNumAppearances will show you how often a ruler has shown up, and \PrintRulerEscapeHealth will show you how much health they had on escape.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Okay then.. which means there actually *was* a real buggy condition that caused it to appear "after death".

Hard to tell what would produced this kind of flaw -- but, the nearest likely mod that could have some sort of effect to the DLC/Ruler vanilla principles & that i currently play with is BlueRaja's *Ruler Reactions Revised*. Somehow i doubt it has an impact on their scheduling (or recorded Death states) though. Check it out from your DEV/Coder perspective if you want.. cuz, i'm not sure if anything from LW2 might interfere with that stuff even if he claimed proper compatibility with LW2.

Lastly.. a corrupt (most likely -IMO) Save/File and its various "History/States" would have offered you some hints -- but, i've long lost any such files sadly.