ADVENT grenad launchers & flashbang

Jeckhyl

ADVENT grenad launchers & flashbang

Post by Jeckhyl »

Hello people,

ADVENT soldiers able to launch flashbang do it and it's nice, but do they need to waste their second flashbang the following turn, on the very same soldiers who are already FBed ?

Maybe they'd need a 2 turns CD to avoid this behaviour ?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: ADVENT grenad launchers & flashbang

Post by chrisb »

This seems like it would be expected behavior. They are grenadiers just like XCOMs which have no cooldown on launching grenades like the rest of the units do.

Generally it is good to either control them, or keep your soldiers spread out if you can't kill them. They are more likely to use grenades if you have 2+ soldiers within range.
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

chrisb wrote:This seems like it would be expected behavior. They are grenadiers just like XCOMs which have no cooldown on launching grenades like the rest of the units do.

Generally it is good to either control them, or keep your soldiers spread out if you can't kill them. They are more likely to use grenades if you have 2+ soldiers within range.
My english isn't very good, so I see you didn't understand my post.

It is good they launch flashbangs on my soldiers. It's a completely normal behaviour.
The bad behaviour is when they waste, the following turn, their other flashbang on soldiers already blinded. This FB is completely lost !
The 2 turns CD was only an idea to avoid that (easier than ask the IA to check if our soldiers are already FBed before it throw an other FB on their sorry arse).
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

The flashbang isn't lost. It doesn't show the "disorient" text above your soldiers head, but it refreshed the disorient, making it last 1 turn more.
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Is it ?

I believed the FB was lost.

So... forget it :).
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

Jeckhyl wrote:Is it ?

I believed the FB was lost.

So... forget it :).
I'll comment since I had this occur during my latest mission, even if my shinobi managed a bladestorm on the engineers second attempt to flashbang.

I thought just like you did, why on earth would he flash my two other guys a second time, and then the disorient went away when my turn began. Then I was rather impressed by the clever AI, making the perfect move given the playing field.
Insufferable Smartypants

Post by Insufferable Smartypants »

Mmmmm... stunlocking grenadiers.
:D