PCS getting "eaten"

Insufferable Smartypants

PCS getting "eaten"

Post by Insufferable Smartypants »

I haven't submitted a bug report on this specifically because I haven't figured out what is causing this, but in my current playthrough I can go through the motions of equipping a PCS on a soldier, however after the sound that the game makes to indicate that you were successful... nothing changes. There is no indication that the PCS was equipped, no stat change that I can determine, and no PCS icon on the soldier.

The only change I have noticed is that the PCS I tried to equip is now gone from my inventory. Poof!

This began when I finally got 1.3 up and running. Just fishing to see if anybody has encountered anything like this before. I see that there was a different PCS issue (that I never encountered) with the previous builds - but the way that was was described it worked under very specific circumstances. Mine is any PCS, anywhere - loading deck or armory does not seem to matter.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: PCS getting "eaten"

Post by chrisb »

Can you provide a save with this happening?
Insufferable Smartypants

I've tried a few times. It keeps saying that my zip (or 7z) file is too large. Even at less than 1 meg.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Best place is to put in in gdrive, dropbox or some similar file hosting service.
Insufferable Smartypants

Hey, I got it! :-)

Sorry that took so long.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/id76segga92jx ... 17.7z?dl=0
Insufferable Smartypants

Back in game, after 2 days of fiddling with it, troubleshooting, and finally mostly giving up except for this thread (I really was just fishing to find out if anybody had ever seen it happen to them), PCS's are suddenly working fine.

I'm not sure what changed. I have no idea why it was happening to begin with, or if the behavior will return, or why its working now.
Insufferable Smartypants

Oh I see. There was a patch.