27 days Supply Raid?

Dwarfling

27 days Supply Raid?

Post by Dwarfling »

Erm, is this some kind of bug? Because I thought such a thing impossible.

Difficulty: Legendary
Mods: none of importance

fowlJ

Re: 27 days Supply Raid?

Post by fowlJ »

There are actually a couple different 'Supply Convoy' activities in the game, used for different purposes. Note how the mission objective is 'Ambush an ADVENT Construction Unit' - that means that that convoy is constructing an ADVENT Research Facility (the ones that generate blocks of AVATAR progress) instead of just moving ADVENT Strength around like most of the supply missions you'll see.

That activity has a significantly longer timer than a regular raid (something like 45 days instead of ~12), but occurs primarily in regions without an XCOM presence, making it quite rare that you will actually see it.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

fowlJ wrote:There are actually a couple different 'Supply Convoy' activities in the game, used for different purposes. Note how the mission objective is 'Ambush an ADVENT Construction Unit' - that means that that convoy is constructing an ADVENT Research Facility (the ones that generate blocks of AVATAR progress) instead of just moving ADVENT Strength around like most of the supply missions you'll see.

That activity has a significantly longer timer than a regular raid (something like 45 days instead of ~12), but occurs primarily in regions without an XCOM presence, making it quite rare that you will actually see it.
Right, this is called a BuildResearchFacility internally. It has a 45-48 day expiration timer, a max vigilance of 5 and requires 850 rebel intel to start detecting. It also attempts to spawn as far away from your contacted regions as possible.

Did you recently contact this region? I'm guessing 10-15 days ago?
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

It's right next to my first liberated region, about 2 regions away from my home region, which was liberated 2nd (India(h,l2), E.Africa(l1), W.Africa) . Aaaand, I contacted it months ago, say, 4th region. It's strenght 2, I got 9 rebels in the Haven. Been doing missions in it of course.

Maybe ADVENT ran out of good options. Blacksite is in Brazil.