Schism not doing guaranteed damage

IslamDunk

Schism not doing guaranteed damage

Post by IslamDunk »

http://imgur.com/a/BARVU

Sorry that I couldn't get the screenshot that shows the exact moment of using Insanity.
This Advent Guardian evaded Insanity's guaranteed damage provided by Schism. This is not intended, right?
Lyzak

Re: Schism not doing guaranteed damage

Post by Lyzak »

Did Insanity itself actually land? Insanity, as far as I understand, is not a guaranteed-hit ability even with Schism: you have to beat the enemy's will check.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

It doesn't look like Insanity hit, since the Advent gunner doesn't appear to be disoriented, panicked, or mind controlled. As Lyzak said, it only does damage if Insanity actually hits.
IslamDunk

Post by IslamDunk »

It did not land, so that was why Insanity didn't do damage?

Then the description is slightly misleading; I thought it would do damage no matter what because of the term "guaranteed".
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

I believe that's the wording used in the vanilla ability, which functions identically.

I agree that it's a bit misleading, but it's not surprising to me that Pavonis didn't think to change the description, since they didn't change the ability at all, and every time they change in-game text they also have to translate it into 15 different languages.