Full override bug

joefo

Full override bug

Post by joefo »

I am noticing in my legendary ironman campaign that full override / master enemy does not carry the Mec through to the resistance unless it's an actual Mec? I have full-overridden drones and just did a Sectopod and they never come to a haven. Why?

At first I figured that Mecs only came back to you on salvageable missions (haven defenses, troop columns, supply raids). The Sectopod was hacked in a "full salvage" haven defense mission. I still didn't get it back at the haven post mission. Why?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Full override bug

Post by chrisb »

Master Enemy is only meant to work on Advent MECs, not Drones or Sectopods. Your getting a resistance mec which has it's own template/stats, and is more or less the same model as the Advent MECs. Doesn't make a lot of sense that you can turn a drone or sectopod into a mec. Regardless, it is intended not to work for them.
joefo

Post by joefo »

In that case,

1) it's very counterintuitive to be presented 2 options in a Full Override, where the success probabilities are very different, and the outcome (controlling the non-Mec robot target for the full mission only) is exactly the same.

2) If I hacked an Advent Mec vs. Heavy Mec vs. Superheavy Mec, is the post-mission "resistance Mec" exactly the same? Do I even get a Resistance Mec at all post-mission accomplishment if I hack a Superheavy Mec?
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

joefo wrote:In that case,

1) it's very counterintuitive to be presented 2 options in a Full Override, where the success probabilities are very different, and the outcome (controlling the non-Mec robot target for the full mission only) is exactly the same.
I believe that the hard option, in addition to capturing MECs, gives the controlled enemy stat boosts for the rest of the mission - indeed, I think the description should say as much?