Pure virtual function being called GLSrunning===1

sirburton

Pure virtual function being called GLSrunning===1

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys
I know that much probably this bug is not caused by lw
I remember I was having it much more frequently when I played the vanilla game
I'm in a 100+ hours campaign with LW and I've met this bug a couple of times since yesterday
is there any fix?
and what about this https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... ror_fixed/
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
LordYanaek

Re: Pure virtual function being called GLSrunning===1

Post by LordYanaek »

It's an old report from the LWToolbox. It used to cause that issue but as far as i know it was fixed in LW2 proper.

For me, the fix to that issue was to remove Edited Ragdoll Physics and Effects Redux.
I'm 100% confident it was causing the issue because i noticed i had that after killing a sectopod. I made a save (from a reloaded autosave before i killed it) and tried several things. Not killing the sectopod didn't trigger the issue (but it killed my guys of course). Killing it again cause the bug each time. Killing the sectopod after disabling the mod didn't trigger the bug. I haven't seen that bug a single time since i removed it.

There might be other mods causing it of course. I figured this one because my issues were always after killing some aliens.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

LordYanaek wrote:It's an old report from the LWToolbox. It used to cause that issue but as far as i know it was fixed in LW2 proper.

For me, the fix to that issue was to remove Edited Ragdoll Physics and Effects Redux.
I'm 100% confident it was causing the issue because i noticed i had that after killing a sectopod. I made a save (from a reloaded autosave before i killed it) and tried several things. Not killing the sectopod didn't trigger the issue (but it killed my guys of course). Killing it again cause the bug each time. Killing the sectopod after disabling the mod didn't trigger the bug. I haven't seen that bug a single time since i removed it.

There might be other mods causing it of course. I figured this one because my issues were always after killing some aliens.
I'm not sure that's the unique cause, example:
just started a haven defense mission (the one where you must destroy the psionic device otherwise there will be unlimited enemy reinforcements). I started the mission sending one of my xcom around to find rebels in order to save them, and it crashed with that error even before a single enemy was revealed
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

It's certainly not the unique cause but it was for me because in my case it was caused by the linked mod (and that mod changes death animations, which is why i could identify it). Note that i usually didn't have crashes right after killing enemies but some actions later, apparently randomly until that specific case where the crash followed the sectopod explosion and i could finally identify the source (at some point i thought it might be bad drops as i noticed i occasionally had empty drops).

Obviously your situation is different if it triggers right from the start of a mission and unfortunately i don't know every mod that might cause this issue but it might be useful to try and build a list once someone identifies a faulty mod with a high level of confidence.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

LordYanaek wrote:It's certainly not the unique cause but it was for me because in my case it was caused by the linked mod (and that mod changes death animations, which is why i could identify it). Note that i usually didn't have crashes right after killing enemies but some actions later, apparently randomly until that specific case where the crash followed the sectopod explosion and i could finally identify the source (at some point i thought it might be bad drops as i noticed i occasionally had empty drops).

Obviously your situation is different if it triggers right from the start of a mission and unfortunately i don't know every mod that might cause this issue but it might be useful to try and build a list once someone identifies a faulty mod with a high level of confidence.
However, I remember having this bug even when I used to play the vanilla game with no mod at all...weird...
someone says it's related to the red fog in the menu during a mission
and that you have to toggle it on - toggle it off to solve it at least temporarily
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

sirburton wrote: However, I remember having this bug even when I used to play the vanilla game with no mod at all...weird...
someone says it's related to the red fog in the menu during a mission
and that you have to toggle it on - toggle it off to solve it at least temporarily
I'm sorry, toggle WHAT on and off? The Red Fog option?

In my experience, the issue seems to start cropping up after I've been playing for a while (usually more than couple hours at a time.) I expect it's some sort of memory leak, and yes, it appears to be in the vanilla game code somewhere. Certain mods may or may not exacerbate the issue, but it happens even without any mods.

It will start happening once or twice at random after I've been playing for a couple of hours. If I continue playing, it will start to happen more and more often, until it happens every time after I finish a mission. If I close the game and relaunch, it stops happening (for a while.)
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

I've just found what we might call 'a lead'.
Sometimes, I don't know why, it happens that the cursor indicating the tile where I'm about to go, simply disappears as you can see in the pic here.
And when this happens, 99% the game will crash with that error/bug within the next 1-2 actions done with my xcoms
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

This is a memory error, it is not specifically caused by any single mod, but an memory error most likely caused by a problem with how X2 is coded in Unreal Engine and C++. There are examples of this error in other UE games, and if you google it you'll see lots of discussions prior to XCOM2's release. It's worth noting that I've seen it happen at work to users in Accounting when they attempt to run massive Excel sheets.

I am currently running about 75 mods with LW2 and haven't seen it in months, however I did have it pretty bad at one point and removing all but 10 or so mods helped. But it is important to note that there is no single solution, because it happens in un-modded games as well. If you run the game in windowed mode it sometimes helps (you can also run Windows Task Manager in the background and see the impact of the game on your memory).

My best suggestion is to reduce impact on your system memory by reducing the number of mods that you are running (especially voice packs they are very heavy RAM hogs). After cutting your mod list run the Remove Missing Mods mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =641394554) from the strategy layer, and then back up and delete your \My Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config and \My Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\logs folders and relaunch the game.

FWIW, here are some threads re: the crash not directly related to X2 or mods:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/145 ... time-error

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questi ... icati.html

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questi ... while.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/ ... 22664.html