Issue with Dominated or Controlled enemy units.

Franzy

Issue with Dominated or Controlled enemy units.

Post by Franzy »

Two issues actually:
1) Dominated/Hacked enemy units killed in battle by XCOM or Aliens do not drop corpses (is this intended?)
2) If the said unit had loot, it is not displayed on the ground until you move a soldier to it.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Issue with Dominated or Controlled enemy units.

Post by tracktwo »

Both of these are vanilla bugs, but we may be able to address them. We did something similar already for turret wrecks you end the mission without killing and for faceless you manage to kill before they transform, so there is precedent for granting corpses for units that are MCed when the mission ends.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

I've just checked in a fix for the corpse-granting bug. You'll now get a corpse/wreck from any unit that is still alive under mind control/haywire at the end of a mission that awards corpses in 1.5.

I haven't looked at the loot visualization bug yet, but it's on the bug list and I'll leave this thread here instead of moving it to resolved while it remains open.
TheDarkZero

Post by TheDarkZero »

This bug is also a huge part of what is making psi soldiers very weak, the enemies worth of using domination on are usually the ones you want the corpse of, and they is nothing worse than using insanity schism to kill a very low hp enemies, only for you to mind control,kill and lose its corpse