Street Sweeper Bug

chaosxxxxx

Street Sweeper Bug

Post by chaosxxxxx »

Yesterday,i used street sweeper twice,and both times it managed to miss one enemy that was clearly in the cone,and was flanked(no obstacle/cover between us whatsoever). The first time i thought i must had misclicked, but the second time was in the network tower mission,where everything was stunned. So,it was pretty much impossible to make the same mistake again.It is to be noted that perfect information reported a 100% chance to hit on both cases(obviously).
Is this a feature?Because unlike saturation fire,it does not say that it will hit 'random enemies'.Plus,it is an extremely risky skill to use since the perfect position to have multiple enemies flanked will leave yourself flanked as well often.
What's more,i used trenchgun countless times before,never missed flanked enemies.
I see absolutely no reason why a tier 7 skill would perform worse than a tier 2 skill. As of 1.3,they are pretty much the exact same skill,while SS gives a slight damage boost(and slightly more range?) to unarmored enemies.
I would also like to know one more thing. The way i understand it, trenchgun calculates its chance to hit based on your real chance to hit him if you had taken a regular shot against the enemy(you are basically taking a free shot against every enemy in the cone).So,if you are in sufficiently close range,it will still hit enemies behind half cover(can not confirm this).
However,i am yet to see anyone on youtube or myself to hit anything behind half cover with street sweeper,which again makes it an inferior skill.
Dear devs,please clarify how street sweeper works,and save this poor soul from further torment...
Love you...
nmkaplan

Re: Street Sweeper Bug

Post by nmkaplan »

I wonder about the answers to these questions as well regarding the mechanics of these skills.

2 things that i do know:

1. Trench gun explicitly says that it is blocked by all cover, doesn't it?

2. With skills that Target multiple enemies (saturation fire, trench gun, face off,etc) perfect information will only report the % to hit for the first Target and will simply duplicate that same banner for all subsequent targets.