Shinoby teleporting across map

WanWhiteWolf

Shinoby teleporting across map

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

This happened to me 3 times already.

Situation: If the Shinoby gets revealed and it's adjacent to the unit that revealed him, he is teleported somewhere across the map. Usually he is something like 2 screens away, half underground and if you try to move him, the game "remembers" him as being in the previous location but the movement pattern is messed up.

I usually do the TTC command to get him back and continue the onslaught but it's still something that might need some fixing.

How to reproduce:

.1. Have a Shinoby close to a pod, concealed.
.2. Set your squad outside the pod range.
.3. Pods patrols into your soldiers, then go for cover.
.4. If one of the ayy gets adjacent to Shinoby he is teleported.

I do not have a save, but I can try to make one with console. I don't know if it's 100% chance (might be related to alien reaction).
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Shinoby teleporting across map

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the info. That doesn't sound too hard to reproduce but I might not have time to get to it for a bit. If you can construct a save before I do and can post it it'd be very much appreciated (less time setting up scenarios to repro bugs = more time fixing bugs!)
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

tracktwo wrote:Thanks for the info. That doesn't sound too hard to reproduce but I might not have time to get to it for a bit. If you can construct a save before I do and can post it it'd be very much appreciated (less time setting up scenarios to repro bugs = more time fixing bugs!)
I tried to reproduce it with the console but I wasn't successful.

I guess I will post here the save the next time it happens.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

I've experienced a similar issue induced by using the Spider/Wraith grappling hook in combination with concealment and attacks from concealment.

There is a notable difference though; after the soldier temporarily 'teleports' away to an incorrect position and move orders display a path from their incorrect position, the actual movement ranges will reflect their correct position and they will teleport back to their (correct) position once the move starts.

Unfortunately I don't have any concrete steps to reproduce this, but I'm fairly sure it's something to do with that free movement effect from the grapple.
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

Arcalane wrote:I've experienced a similar issue induced by using the Spider/Wraith grappling hook in combination with concealment and attacks from concealment.

There is a notable difference though; after the soldier temporarily 'teleports' away to an incorrect position and move orders display a path from their incorrect position, the actual movement ranges will reflect their correct position and they will teleport back to their (correct) position once the move starts.

Unfortunately I don't have any concrete steps to reproduce this, but I'm fairly sure it's something to do with that free movement effect from the grapple.
The same happened to me - the movement was showing up as the soldier was in the correct spot. I did not have grapple on any soldier (happened only for shinobi; I don't use grapple on that class)
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

The grapple issue may be one that is already fixed for 1.5. If your soldier is peeking out at an enemy when they grapple, then move, then shoot, they will appear to be teleported back to the spot where they grappled when they complete the shooting animation. It's purely visual, though, they really are still considered on the tile where they moved after grappling.