Hit and Run, Close Encounters Behavior

stefan3iii

Hit and Run, Close Encounters Behavior

Post by stefan3iii »

I notice if you use the first action of the turn to do a Hit and Run or Close Encounters shot, you don't get a free shot. It doesn't end the turn, but you'll only have 1 yellow action remaining. Is that intentional? From the description, I would expect to get a bonus action, so after the shot I'd still have 2 actions remaining.
Zyrrashijn

Re: Hit and Run, Close Encounters Behavior

Post by Zyrrashijn »

That's probably because of the action you take (e.g. standard shot) eats up any remaining action points this turn (standard behaviour). The skills then add one action afterwards.
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

Zyrrashijn wrote:That's probably because of the action you take (e.g. standard shot) eats up any remaining action points this turn (standard behaviour). The skills then add one action afterwards.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Not sure if it's intended though, I guess I compare it to LW1, where I'm pretty sure it was a free action.
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Are you using that mod that automatically reloads your weapon before you take a shot? That mod doesn't respect Hit&Run or Close Encounters. By Default that first shot should be completely free and you still have two full actions after it.
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

Err no. Shooting (and many other things) are turn ending actions. It ends your turn. H&R and CE then give you a bonus AP. Its supposed to work that way.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

DerAva wrote:By Default that first shot should be completely free and you still have two full actions after it.
The only case where this is true and you get 2 actions back after taking a HnR shot as your first action is when it combos with Light em up thanks to the AWC.
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

I think I confused this with LW1, where the wording on these skills was that the attack "doesn't cost an action". Guess that obviously changed here, sorry about that.