[1.4] Drone audio bug

GiftGruen

[1.4] Drone audio bug

Post by GiftGruen »

There currently is a bug in the drone audio that seems to make some part of it loop indefinitely if you shoot the drone down during its activation.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start tactical mission.
2. Lay ambush to a drone (happened every time with normal drones, dunno about hunter drones).
3. If the drone activates and XCOM kills it during its activation movement, the drone should continue to emit some "hovering" sound that grows stronger the nearer it is to the camera.

Becomes very annoying very fast, since the only way to get rid of the sound is to reload, similar to the Avenger lift sound bug.
GiftGruen

Re: [1.4] Drone audio bug

Post by GiftGruen »

Tested on 1.4 with no other mods enabled and config wiped. In my ambush situation here (this is Operation Gatecrasher on a fresh game):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11qti6ja4zmtbzn/save256?dl=0

the sound bug occurs if and only if the drone is allowed to move before being shot down as part of its activation. I put everyone on overwatch except the rookie without cover. That one shoots the ADVENT officer.

In the successful reproduction of the bug, I got the rookie on the left to shoot the drone for 2 damage, then got someone else to kill it, which triggered the sound bug.
Any other combination, including killing the drone on the next turn in two hits (but without it moving more than one tile) will not trigger the bug.

The sound that gets looped seems to be the drone's movement sound.

Anyway, I tried and tried to reproduce the RNG that led to the rookie doing 2 damage and not 4, but it seems the only way to reproduce this outcome is to first put everyone on overwatch, then try to throw a grenade at the ADVENT squad (which ostensibly changes the RNG), then shoot the officer for 3 damage.

Again: I did reproduce the bug in LW 1.4 with no other mods on a fresh game after verification and config wipe. I just can't seem to get it to be reproducible.