[1.4] Double Tap has no Squadsight penalty

JulianSkies

[1.4] Double Tap has no Squadsight penalty

Post by JulianSkies »

I first want to verify whether this is intended or not, but does the first shot of Double Tap not have a Squadsight penalty by design or is my game acting up?
nmkaplan

Re: [1.4] Double Tap has no Squadsight penalty

Post by nmkaplan »

You're a pretty experienced player, so I hesitate to even say this, but --

If your sniper has Death From Above, they shouldn't be getting squadsight penalties on any shot, right?
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

nmkaplan wrote:You're a pretty experienced player, so I hesitate to even say this, but --

If your sniper has Death From Above, they shouldn't be getting squadsight penalties on any shot, right?
Incorrect. Death From Above grants a positive bonus to your shots, rather than simply not apply a negative. Furthermore the bonus from Death From Above caps at +20 to negate the sniper rifle's innate aim penalty, not the actual Squadsight penalty.

My particular case has the penalty for Squadsight not showing up, and that was easily a -40 penalty at the range I noticed it.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

LW2 disables the specific squadsight penalty in vanilla (SQUADSIGHT_DISTANCE_MOD=0, SQUADSIGHT_CRIT_MOD=0; xcomgamecore.ini), so if you were seeing a squad sight penalty before your game was acting up then and isn't now :)

The range penalty remains, and as mentioned DFA will offset it.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

tracktwo wrote:LW2 disables the specific squadsight penalty in vanilla (SQUADSIGHT_DISTANCE_MOD=0, SQUADSIGHT_CRIT_MOD=0; xcomgamecore.ini), so if you were seeing a squad sight penalty before your game was acting up then and isn't now :)

The range penalty remains, and as mentioned DFA will offset it.
Extremely good to know, I might have to start debugging my game now
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

THERE WE GO, found my twelve-forsaken issue:
I use EU Aim Rolls for it's Perfect Information functionality, however, you really do need to fine-tune all the dang configs of the thing to enable just that. Particularly, despite there being a function that disables the hit roll modifier, there is one that needs to be changed independently to change the functionality of changing the Squadsight modifiers.

So, if anyone else runs into this, yeah this is the case. (then again even with penalties my sharpshooters were still pretty amazing so)