Shens last gift freeze

CzeReptile

Shens last gift freeze

Post by CzeReptile »

Hello,

first off -
1) The version of Long War you are playing.
I have no clue really. I got it some 3 months ago, I believe it was the latest at that point.

2) The platform you are playing on.
WIndows 7

3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with.
None.

4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it.
When i finish the first part of the mission and last soldier goes up the elevator, on the next floor after I move first soldier game goes into some weird freeze mode, nothing works short of load / exit game and some keys. I have tried verification, deleting .ini files, retrying from previous savegames. Nothing works. Pretty much stuck.

5) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at.
https://ulozto.cz/!stIKwBi8ZJy8/save188

Any help welcome :) Also I have tried googling for the answer but i have been unable to find one.

Thanks!
-R
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Shens last gift freeze

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the report. We haven't seen this one before and I don't think it's a LW2 specific bug, but somehow one of the MECs on this mission spawned out-of-bounds. The good news is the game isn't actually frozen: it's just taking an extremely long time to time-out trying to ragdoll the MEC that got auto-killed when it spawned in a bad location. If you wait for a couple of minutes after moving that first soldier you should get control back again (I moved them up a blue move, which activated two turrets, but it took a good couple of minutes for the turret activation animation to start). After that the mission proceeded more or less normally, but I didn't play through the entire mission.
CzeReptile

Post by CzeReptile »

I will try that when I get home. So solution is to make coffee and relax :D did not think of that one! I guess there is not a way to fix that spawn so mission does not take forever? Idk if theres some prompt to move stuff ^^
CzeReptile

Post by CzeReptile »

You were right.

https://imgur.com/a/jzJUb

There be a robot flying around. Its also taking forever, making me clean my appartment.