Additional PCS Slot?

RapidFire

Additional PCS Slot?

Post by RapidFire »

I'm not a fan of the new "Fire Control" PCS items (should just be a setting, since the commander could just give an order to only engage when favorable in overwatch), so I was trying to find a workaround. One way is to just give a second PCS slot which I would use just for fire control PCS's.

That said, I can't seem to find where to make the change. Does anyone know where to add a second PCS slot to all soldier classes?
Ithuriel

Re: Additional PCS Slot?

Post by Ithuriel »

I have a slightly different idea. If you can find where the coding is implemented for the Fire Control PCS (shouldn't be too hard) simply create 3 new abilities for soldiers, and copy over the code for the Fire Control PCS. Should do the job.
RapidFire

Post by RapidFire »

Ithuriel wrote:I have a slightly different idea. If you can find where the coding is implemented for the Fire Control PCS (shouldn't be too hard) simply create 3 new abilities for soldiers, and copy over the code for the Fire Control PCS. Should do the job.
That's a good idea, but I kinda just wanted a quick-n-dirty solution that didn't require creating much code. I like the idea of modding and am a coder, but I didn't want to spend much time on it.
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

RapidFire wrote:
Ithuriel wrote:I have a slightly different idea. If you can find where the coding is implemented for the Fire Control PCS (shouldn't be too hard) simply create 3 new abilities for soldiers, and copy over the code for the Fire Control PCS. Should do the job.
That's a good idea, but I kinda just wanted a quick-n-dirty solution that didn't require creating much code. I like the idea of modding and am a coder, but I didn't want to spend much time on it.
This isn't so much needing a lot of code; it's just trying to find a certain piece of code in the game's files :P
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

In the classdata.ini you find a variable pcs-slots=1 or the like that every soldier gets when being promoted to squaddie. You might check what happens when you set this to 2.
RapidFire

Post by RapidFire »

Zyrrashijn wrote:In the classdata.ini you find a variable pcs-slots=1 or the like that every soldier gets when being promoted to squaddie. You might check what happens when you set this to 2.
Thanks for the reply since not many seem to be answering. Unfortunately, I checked both the vanilla DefaultClassData.ini and the LW2 XComClassData.ini, and I do not see such a line in either file. I did try adding the line in the DefaultClassData.ini file, but the selection mechanic, in vanilla at least, did not seem to allow me to see whether there was another slot available.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

Go check out the Shadow Ops LW2 Class Pack. There's a perk there (Digital Warfare) that gives you a second PCS slot. Instead of adding an additional button the the UI(major pain) it takes you to a subscreen with two slots you can assign PCS in. Seems like they missed the LW2 PCS set for the second slot though. First slot takes anything, second slot only vanilla PCS.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =872274632
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

RapidFire wrote:I'm not a fan of the new "Fire Control" PCS items (should just be a setting, since the commander could just give an order to only engage when favorable in overwatch), so I was trying to find a workaround. One way is to just give a second PCS slot which I would use just for fire control PCS's.

That said, I can't seem to find where to make the change. Does anyone know where to add a second PCS slot to all soldier classes?
Aside from the Shadow Ops LW2 class pack I mentioned, there's another modder working on a multi-PCS mod, mentioned in the comments on his workaround mod for a PCS bug, here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =875312880
zronko

Post by zronko »

RapidFire wrote:I'm not a fan of the new "Fire Control" PCS items (should just be a setting, since the commander could just give an order to only engage when favorable in overwatch), so I was trying to find a workaround. One way is to just give a second PCS slot which I would use just for fire control PCS's.

You can also use the console command to edit the variable on each soldier that you want to change. The syntax is as follows:

SetSoldierStat eStat_CombatSims 2 Matthew Lee

Matthew Lee is obviously the name of the soldier in this case. The only issue here is that I dont see an interface for editing the second PCS. So, the need for some coding or one of the aforementioned mods may be required.
PainFactory

Post by PainFactory »

I agree with you, and what i did for my soldier it's adding (FireControl50) as starting ability to all my soldier.
You just have to add a line, ex:(AbilityName="FireControl50", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_PrimaryWeapon), \\