are aiming angles enabled or enableable?

123nick

are aiming angles enabled or enableable?

Post by 123nick »

im sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but im wondering, are aiming angles enabled by default, or enable-able somewhere? i checked and i dont think i saw the option anywhere, or if you have to beat the game first to get it, but i didnt see it. i ask because i remember being in a position near flank, but i dont think i remember seeing "good angle" being listed in the aim bonuses section.
Tyroki

Re: are aiming angles enabled or enableable?

Post by Tyroki »

Yeah, there was something about this on the reddit.
One of the major playtesters recommends not doing it, especially as it's wonky and all sorts of broken.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

123nick wrote:im sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but im wondering, are aiming angles enabled by default, or enable-able somewhere? i checked and i dont think i saw the option anywhere, or if you have to beat the game first to get it, but i didnt see it. i ask because i remember being in a position near flank, but i dont think i remember seeing "good angle" being listed in the aim bonuses section.
You can turn them back on in XComGameCore.ini, search for "MIN_ANGLE_TO_COVER"
foreverdead

Post by foreverdead »

johnnylump wrote:
123nick wrote:im sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but im wondering, are aiming angles enabled by default, or enable-able somewhere? i checked and i dont think i saw the option anywhere, or if you have to beat the game first to get it, but i didnt see it. i ask because i remember being in a position near flank, but i dont think i remember seeing "good angle" being listed in the aim bonuses section.
But is it "broken' good sir?
Cloista

Post by Cloista »

I've personally set the modifier to 0.25 - half of vanilla defaults, as this re-enables aiming angles but doesn't give as potentially broken a boost as vanilla numbers.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

foreverdead wrote:
johnnylump wrote:
But is it "broken' good sir?
I do try to separate threads about "how do I change this setting" and "why did you change this setting" so we don't bog down informational threads about modding with debates over the calls we made (those calls are fair game, just try to keep it separate.) To answer your question, there are edge cases where AA doesn't behave as you would expect. In addition, you can stack a lot of aim from a number of sources in Long War 2, and we concluded that AA is one too many bonuses in that situation.
123nick

Post by 123nick »

alright, thanks! ill do 0.25 as the value, hopefully then it is balanced .
123nick

Post by 123nick »

ok, i found it but it was at 10, instead of 0.25 or 0.5, so is that normal? is 10 like, disabled? i set it too 0.25 as cloista suggested.
SirensCry

Post by SirensCry »

Im sorry for dragging the topic, but i cant get it to work :

MIN_ANGLE_TO_COVER=0
MAX_ANGLE_TO_COVER=44
MAX_TILE_DISTANCE_TO_COVER=999 ; vanilla was 11
MIN_ANGLE_BONUS_MOD=0.0
MAX_ANGLE_BONUS_MOD=0.875 ; vanilla was 0.5
MIN_ANGLE_PENALTY=0.0
MAX_ANGLE_PENALTY=0.0

That is my actual lw_overhaul\...Core.ini

As you can see, i edited it "kind of " what i could find around here, reddit AND the ufopedia. I cant seem to find the lines already edited to work as LW1 anywhere.

STILL its not working.

My Aim is the same no matter my position relative to the target's cover. Im OBVIOUSLY doing something wrong, but cant figure what to change, already tried all the combinations.

Playing with only Commander's choice along LW2.

Greatly appreciate the help. Aiming angles and Absolutely crit where my fav QOL options on LW1, and i NEED them on this, more difficult, iteration of your awesome mod =P

Sirens.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I'm using, it's working, and my MAX_ANGLE_PENALTY=0.0 is actually equal to 80, so:

MAX_ANGLE_PENALTY=80.0

Maybe this is doing it? Otherwise you're probably editing the wrong ini file. Also an important note, aiming angles does not benefit aliens. :\
SirensCry

Post by SirensCry »

Tyvm for the reply Postmaster, but not working.

Should i save the modded ini and reset all inis on My documents Xcom 2 folders too? restart the campaign?

Didnt seem necessary for the other edits i had made, they worked right out.

What do you guys think?

Thanks again for the help.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Eh I don't know, you don't need to restart your campaign though. That's not going to change anything.