Utility items weight

Loso3svk

Utility items weight

Post by Loso3svk »

Hi. First of all thank you for this wonderfull mod :)
Now to my question, how can i remove the movement penalty of utility items please?
Thanks for answering and have a nice day.
Krzysztof z Bagien

Re: Utility items weight

Post by Krzysztof z Bagien »

I think you can change it in XComLW_Overhaul.ini
Search for INSTANT_BUILD_TIMES, below are some build settings for items, and they contain something like "Weight=1". I guess if you remove that or maybe change it to zero, then utility items should not slow your soldiers down. But that's a guess, I didn't try that.
Loso3svk

Post by Loso3svk »

yeah i did search for weight=1 thru notepad++ and changed it all to 0 it works, tho had to nerf base speed a bit :D as 17 speed soldiers + 3 from smg was quite op
Last edited by Loso3svk on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krzysztof z Bagien

Post by Krzysztof z Bagien »

I wonder if it accepts integer values only, or can floats be used too.
ScorpZero

Post by ScorpZero »

I have a question related to the utility items weiight, though I don't wanna make a new topic, so I will ask here. :)

I have already changed the weight of grenades to zero and it seems to work during a gameplay. I also changed the weight of plates to two and either it seems to work.
My problem is that the game, regardless of these changes, still displays the old values of Mobility effects in descriptions. I mean, for grenades it keeps showing me -1 Mobility, the same way as it do for plates (and it should shows -2 this time!). So, when I pick off any grenade, the game shows me +1 to Mobility, as if it didn't recognize the chages which I have already done.

What else should I change to make it works properly? Or is it just related with some translation files?
ScorpZero

Post by ScorpZero »

Okay, I have found where is the problem. It seems that modified weight values weren't working at all, so that is why the displayed values didn't change.

I was trying to just simply overwrite item tables from another file to no avail. It just doesn't work at all and I don't know why, so I have just edited original LW congif file at last. Now it works. :O
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Did you check if your custom mod is loaded after LW2? And that you're using the +configOption=newConfig rather than outright overwriting the previous one? What about the [configClass] square brackets?

Because I could swear my own custom mod edits are working on LW_Overhaul.ini... :?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

JLtheking, can you expand on this? I'm at a loss as how to make my own 'mods' that change the LW specific config files and it sounds like that's what you're talking about doing with terms I've never heard of.

Thanks.
Sentenryu

Post by Sentenryu »

JLtheking wrote:Did you check if your custom mod is loaded after LW2? And that you're using the +configOption=newConfig rather than outright overwriting the previous one? What about the [configClass] square brackets?

Because I could swear my own custom mod edits are working on LW_Overhaul.ini... :?

It's hit or miss for me, I could override LW_Toolbox.ini when I created my mod, later I tried doing the same to LW_AWCPack (To reveal AWC perks) and it didn't work at all. Neither does it work for LW_Overhaul. Maybe I need to refresh configs after creating my mini mod?