Custom Infiltration Rates for Classes

JLtheking

Custom Infiltration Rates for Classes

Post by JLtheking »

Hello! I am wondering how to set custom Infiltration rates for different classes. Currently figuring out how to do this from the Playable Aliens and Allies Unknown mods.

From my understanding, classes like the Technical produce greater base Infiltration time, whereas the Shinobi produce less. Is there a way to modify this setting somehow?
JLtheking

Re: Custom Infiltration Rates for Classes

Post by JLtheking »

So I dug through the .ini files and actually found what I think affects the Infiltration rates. They're perks, as I suspected. So I'll just leave this around in case anyone else wants to do the same thing I am doing.

In XComLW_InfiltrationSettings.ini
;-----------------------------------------------------
;----------- BEGIN ABILITY COVERTNESS DEFS -----------
;-----------------------------------------------------

+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="Infiltrator", SquadMultiplier=0.85) ; Officer ability
+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="Tradecraft", IndividualMultiplier=0.65); Shinobi ability
+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="Ghostwalker", IndividualMultiplier=0.96); Shinobi ability
+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="Covert", IndividualMultiplier=0.96); Shinobi ability
+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="LaunchGrenade", IndividualMultiplier=1.2); Grenadiers
+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="HeavyArmaments", IndividualMultiplier=1.1); Technicals
+AbilityCovertness=(AbilityName="Overdrive", IndividualMultiplier=2.0); Sparks
So I will assume all I need is to add perks unique to the soldiers I am thinking about to this config list to achieve the desired effect. You Pavonis guys are awesome! Never before have I been able to mod the game to such an extent without even needing to open up the Dev Kit!