Not Created Equal values

MixyTheAlchemist

Not Created Equal values

Post by MixyTheAlchemist »

In the original Long War, it was possible to change the range of values that could be rolled under NCE and also the "cost" of certain stat tradeoffs (i.e., the relative value of aim vs. mobility, etc). Is that still possible in LW2? Can the stat "high-roll" effects and %s also be changed?
Sentenryu

Re: Not Created Equal values

Post by Sentenryu »

Yes, they can, I asked this question on reddit yesterday and got a response. Original Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... _generate/

looks like you want: \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\XComLW_Toolbox.ini
If you want to be fiddly you could change all the StatUp/Down numbers, but if you want to just not have such bad minimums you could just change the "Min" under +STAT_CAPS, but that will mean you will get unbalanced pluses and no minuses...
MixyTheAlchemist

Post by MixyTheAlchemist »

Excellent, thanks for the pointer!
boy_cad

Post by boy_cad »

Im looking in to this, well, playing it is what I mean. Just about NCE in general:

There should be quite a bit of room to tweak and enhance the randomisation. If there are trade-off mechanics, they can be randomised too. Maybe I just spend too much time staring at the numbers and looking for patterns, but the distributions seem too flat, or, yknow, flatter than I would like to see...

Is there a Normal distribution mechanic, based on standard deviations, longer tails, and other proper normal population variables (ahem)?

Could there be a tertiary mechanic allowing certain combinations to deviate from the trade-off limitations, allowing some rookies to, for instance, have both Hack and Will in spades?