Re-activate red flares for Commander Difficulty

Stweels

Re-activate red flares for Commander Difficulty

Post by Stweels »

Hi Pavonis. I am a long time LW1 player but am now playing both XCom-2 AND LW2 for the first time and I am having a blast! Thank you for the mod!
I am playing on Commander ("Normal?') mode. I am aware that the red Advent reinforcement flare only shows up for Rookie. Is there a setting, perhaps in the ini, where I can set the red flare to show for Commander mode games?
- Steel Wheels
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Re-activate red flares for Commander Difficulty

Post by johnnylump »

Commander isn't normal mode. It's intended to be quite challenging.

The reinf flares are controlled in XComLW_Overhaul.ini, around line 30.
Stweels

Post by Stweels »

Thank you, kind Sir.

I actually found the setting myself a little later as I hadn't realised that not all the ini files get copied to the config folder in the My Docs\games which is where I was looking. Went poking around in the mod folder itself and found it. :)

I'm a slow player, so I guess I'll continue with Commander to explore and get my arse kicked, although i seem to be managing so far. I released a resistance VIP from a prison cell last night (1st time I've done that) and the drop flare worked perfectly. We booked out of there with 5 turns remaining on a 13 turn timer, and four out of the original 8 enemies never even spotted us. The four that dropped onto the roof when we opened the cell door didn't even get a chance to fire.

This game is exciting! :lol:

- Steel Wheels
sambezi

Post by sambezi »

Stweels wrote:Thank you, kind Sir.

I actually found the setting myself a little later as I hadn't realised that not all the ini files get copied to the config folder in the My Docs\games which is where I was looking. Went poking around in the mod folder itself and found it. :)

I'm a slow player, so I guess I'll continue with Commander to explore and get my arse kicked, although i seem to be managing so far. I released a resistance VIP from a prison cell last night (1st time I've done that) and the drop flare worked perfectly. We booked out of there with 5 turns remaining on a 13 turn timer, and four out of the original 8 enemies never even spotted us. The four that dropped onto the roof when we opened the cell door didn't even get a chance to fire.

This game is exciting! :lol:

- Steel Wheels
How do you arrange the files in lines? In my xcomdata file all the lines are stuck together without formatting, yet if I copy paste them elsewhere they arrange as separate lines! What are you using to view them properly arranged?
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

You need to use something like TextPad or Notepad++ due to the way the ini files were made for LW2.