Trooper / Officer Autopsies Flip-Flop..

Zyxpsilon

Trooper / Officer Autopsies Flip-Flop..

Post by Zyxpsilon »

If i were to make small minor edits to the XComLW_Overhaul.INI file to put the Officer & Trooper Autopsies back as they were in XCom2 with something like this...
---
+TechTable=(TechTemplateName="AutopsyAdventTrooper", ... ResearchPointCost=2000, ... PrereqTech1="AlienBiotech" ((AutopsyAdventOfficer)), ... RequiredScienceScore=5 ((15))..)
+TechTable=(TechTemplateName="AutopsyAdventStunLancer", ... ResearchPointCost=2600, ... PrereqTech1="AutopsyAdventTrooper" ((AutopsyAdventOfficer)), ... RequiredScienceScore=15)
+TechTable=(TechTemplateName="AutopsyAdventShieldBearer", ... ResearchPointCost=3000, ... PrereqTech1="AutopsyAdventTrooper" ((AutopsyAdventOfficer)), ... RequiredScienceScore=15)
+TechTable=(TechTemplateName="AutopsyDrone", ... ResearchPointCost=2400, ... PrereqTech1="AutopsyAdventTrooper" ((AutopsyAdventOfficer)), ... RequiredScienceScore=10)
---
+TechTable=(TechTemplateName="AutopsyAdventOfficer", ... ResearchPointCost=4000, ... PrereqTech1="AutopsyAdventTrooper" ((AlienBiotech)), ... RequiredScienceScore=15 ((5))..)
---
+FacilityTable=(FacilityTemplateName="ProvingGround", ... RequiredTech="AutopsyAdventTrooper" ((AutopsyAdventOfficer)), ..)
---
GREENS for REDS.
While swapping their respective RequiredScienceScore values and taking the "ProvingGround" unlock situation seriously too.

* Effectively giving early access to "Magnetic Weapons" BUT that could be switched too.. later on if need be? Any other unforeseen concerns i should be made aware of?

PS; This isn't a critic on gameplay design choices made by the LW team, btw. I simply wanna have that acutely memorized feeling of a specific XC2 structural strategy (as in GoldenPath instances) -- again, for myself only. :geek:
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Trooper / Officer Autopsies Flip-Flop..

Post by johnnylump »

You should be able to rewire the tech tree entirely in the ini, yes.
Zyxpsilon

Re: Trooper / Officer Autopsies Flip-Flop..

Post by Zyxpsilon »

I sure wouldn't want to break your "Intended gameplay features or solid mechanics" -- too much though.
The essential reasoning being that *IF* something can be altered (sligthly or more)... we can still rely on the extensive INI configuration system already there. It's an even bigger Mod/Mod power-house than LW1 from the early analysis i could do.

So mucho thanks.. twice. :D