Is there a mod that shows which soldiers have served under which officer?

jztemple

Is there a mod that shows which soldiers have served under which officer?

Post by jztemple »

I looked through the Workshop and didn't see this, so I'm asking here. Is there a mod that makes it easy to see which soldier served under which officer? I know that if I look at each officer I can see a list of who served under him/her, but it's not easy to use to set up squads once you have jumbled them up. I was hoping there would be a mod that indicates, by symbol, coloring, etc, which soldiers served under which officers. Or, alternatively, if an officer is selected in the soldier list, those that served under him/her are highlighted so they can be selected. Thanks!
Napalm292

Re: Is there a mod that shows which soldiers have served under which officer?

Post by Napalm292 »

No mod needed. I belive it's a small button at the bottom of the officer's info for the officer. Should list names and number of missions together. Not at a computer to give better directions to it.
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

I know there is a list that you get with the button on the officer's display, what I was looking for was something that graphically displayed which soldiers in the Soldier View list had served under which officer. Something to make it easier to determine who to pick when making up a squad.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Unfortunately, the best you can do there is make a bunch of squads, one for each officer, and try to stick to their line-ups as much as you can so you can build their leader rapport as much as you can.
Napalm292

Post by Napalm292 »

My bad, I misread your post. That would be a nice addition. My workaround is changing the last names of everyone in the squad to the squad name. That allows sorting soldiers by squad in the soldier list via name sort. It also lets me know which soldiers would have served more often under a certain officer. It has made it easier to take a squad offline to do officer/awc/psi training from the same squad at the same time.

It does take a little from the game story wise. but the benefits have definitely made up for it for me.
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

That's not a bad idea, changing their name. It could be just a suffix added to the existing name, like -A, -B, etc which is ties to a particular officer (say, the first initial of their nickname?). Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Napalm292

Post by Napalm292 »

Can't take credit, I got the idea from someone else. Hope it helps you as well! They suggested using an abbreviation or suffix to show squad as well. I went further to allow sorting in the soldier list since it sorts by last name.