Clarification on Infiltration INI settings

demon69696

Clarification on Infiltration INI settings

Post by demon69696 »

So I was tinkering around with the Infiltration settings in XComLW_InfiltrationSettings.ini and I wanted some clarification.

SquadSizeInfiltrationFactor[1]=0.6f+

So this is the infiltration multiplier for a squad size of one soldier. That much is clear. What confuses me is if the variable 'f' is added on to the infiltration value of the squad or if the variable 'f' is a value for the whole squad and its co-efficient will just increase as you increase the size of the squad.

My goal is to edit the INI to enable me to clear all stealth missions with a more "Guns Blazing" approach while still being restricted by the timers and reinforcements. I have had reasonable success with 6-7 man squads till now where the missions are "light-moderate" so I want to start bringing in 8-9 man squads while still achieving 100% infiltration.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Clarification on Infiltration INI settings

Post by johnnylump »

The "f" just means the value is a float -- tells the engine to care about the decimal point and what's after it. Clearly it isn't always used and I don't know when it's required.
demon69696

Post by demon69696 »

Ok thanks for the reply JL but I still need some more insight on the way the infiltration is calculated for a particular squad size.

SquadSizeInfiltrationFactor[3]=0.9f+

So the code above says squad size of 1 man has 0.6 infiltration and squad size of 3 has 0.9. My query is as follows

Does it mean that when I "add" a third soldier to squad of two, the third soldier adds a value of 0.9 or does it mean that 0.9 is the value of the whole squad of 3 soldiers??
Niam

Post by Niam »

I don't know why this never got answered, but it's basic math.

Example. On Veteran level difficulty the base infiltration time of a mission is usually 6 days. If I have only 1 soldier in the squad with no additional modifiers to infiltration then my base infiltration time is multiplied by the first Squad Size value, giving me a base infiltration of 3 days and a some change. Base infiltration is based on a squad size of 5 I think. If you lower those numbers, you can shoe horn in more soldiers with out having month long infiltration rates.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

demon69696 wrote:Ok thanks for the reply JL but I still need some more insight on the way the infiltration is calculated for a particular squad size.

SquadSizeInfiltrationFactor[3]=0.9f+

So the code above says squad size of 1 man has 0.6 infiltration and squad size of 3 has 0.9. My query is as follows

Does it mean that when I "add" a third soldier to squad of two, the third soldier adds a value of 0.9 or does it mean that 0.9 is the value of the whole squad of 3 soldiers??
The baseline for infiltration time is a squad size of 5. Per difficulty this is 4/5/6/6 days. So on Legend with 1 person, infiltration time is 6 * 0.6 or 3.6 days. Adjusting these numbers will multiply what you put in there by the baseline. Which can also be adjusted elsewhere.