How can I change the time the globe message events?

josna238

How can I change the time the globe message events?

Post by josna238 »

I mean the messages that appear on the left corner such us "Mike Johnson has healed" or "Rebel is hired to Europe". In my case I feel as if they last half microsecond, three of them appear, I begin to read the first and then all dissapear...

I add that I don't know how to mod at all.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: How can I change the time the globe message events?

Post by chrisb »

Yes, this is super annoying. It's made worse by the fact that when a mission pops up, by the time you hit ignore they are gone so you don't get to see what any of them were.

Did you enable the option to Pause on Recruit? That at least pauses the geoscape when a haven recruits someone.

I know in LW1 the globe would pause on every single message, and that got slightly annoying. But I'm not sure the current situation is a lot better either. It went from too much info to almost no info.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

That "Pause On Recruit" option/verbatim is somewhat mis-leading.. it is not actually related to the whole Havens Recruiting cycle but rather to the global Events list & how we get to "see" if a new Recruit has --just-- been processed for activation.

OP.. there's an indirect way to make these swift popup banners more detectable while they are onscreen. By resizing the Fonts & adding HTML colors to the default strings (of LW_Overhaul.INT file) like this;

Which begins @Line #495..
-------------------------
[LWRebelJob_DefaultJobSet]
strRebelRecruited="<font color='#339900' size='28'>%UNIT <font color='#EFEFEF' size='26'>recruited to Haven in %REGION</font>"
strSoldierRecruited="<font color='#3399FF' size='28'>%UNIT <font color='#EFEFEF' size='26'>contacted in %REGION and is now available for recruitment</font>"
strStaffRecruited="<font color='#BF0000' size='28'>%TITLE <font color='#3399FF'>%UNIT <font color='#EFEFEF' size='26'>recruited from %REGION</font>"
------------------------

Secondly, there should be a Vanilla/Code UC script that controls the UIUtility "pausing" function but i've never really dug around for it. Ideally, someone could still find a way to key-bind a true freeze/trigger/toggle call to that single process though. Sounds like a job for RoboJumper, AFAIC. :)
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

josna238 wrote:I mean the messages that appear on the left corner such us "Mike Johnson has healed" or "Rebel is hired to Europe". In my case I feel as if they last half microsecond, three of them appear, I begin to read the first and then all dissapear...

I add that I don't know how to mod at all.
I believe this is the mod you are looking for. :)