Avenger Defense Bug.

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
stefan3iii

Defense mission reinforcements bugged. Can't give orders.

Post by stefan3iii »

Version 1.1
Windows 10
Perfect Information, Evac All, Gotcha, Quiet Bradford, Show Health Values
Did the Defense mission with defending the Avenger ramp, went poorly, started getting my own reinforcements appearing on the ramp but they cannot be ordered to move or do anything. The aliens will shoot and kill them. Veteran/Ironman.

I can send you a save game, just send me an email.
Daetya

Avenger Defense Bug.

Post by Daetya »

My squadsight sniper was unable to see the alien object that you have to destroy, despite my concealed shinobi standing close to it and granting vision. Moved the sniper all around the map to try different angles, all with clear line of sight to the object and no success.
The mission failed due to that and i restarted it. Now i'm unable to give commands to any of my soldier, i can't even select them they all stand in the starting zone of the avenger. All i can do is put the turrets on overwatch so my game is stuck. Any fix to this? it's Ironman and i'm unable to continue.

All i found was this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... ments_bug/

But i'm not sure where this "Toolbox fix" is and i think it should be already implemented in long war since it was answered by jl. I'm not playing with Red Fog enabled.

1) Long War 1.1.
2) Windows 8
3) isky's Big Name Mod, Additional Icon, Evac All, Cost Based Ability Colors
4) described above
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Avenger Defense Bug.

Post by johnnylump »

How did you restart an ironman mission?
Daetya

Post by Daetya »

johnnylump wrote:How did you restart an ironman mission?
When the mission failed i got a message popping up saying critical failure reload mission/reload save/ and another option. I think it's like that in Ironman vanilla xcom2 too.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Daetya

Post by Daetya »

johnnylump wrote:Can you provide us your savegame? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxWKB ... S10azEweU0
Not sure on how to do it but i will try to provide it.

At the moment by the way i just unlocked the situation trying to simply end my turn without taking any action because i couldn't and on the next turn all guys were able to take orders so i'm replaying it. The squadsight sniper is still unable to hit the alien object despite being able to see aliens standing right next to it.

As soon as i'm done i'll search for instructions on where is the save file etc and upload it. Keep in mind there will be two mission played (actually three because i just let one end right away when i trid the end turn method without hope and replayed it again - yes, on Ironman- trough the panel that shows up at the end of the mission)
Daetya

Post by Daetya »

johnnylump wrote:Can you provide us your savegame? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxWKB ... S10azEweU0
sorry to waste your time again, how do i upload it? it doesn't look like i have the authorization to add anything to that google drive file
never really used google drive, but opening the "bugged saves for devs" folder and trying to upload a file doesn't allow me to do it :?

Also i have tons of save file in my folder. I suppose it's the last one by number?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Should be able to upload know. I guess I"m not that good at GDrive either because the permissions keep switching on it, and I'm not sure why.
Daetya

Post by Daetya »

johnnylump wrote:Should be able to upload know. I guess I"m not that good at GDrive either because the permissions keep switching on it, and I'm not sure why.
Uploaded it.