Dead ADVENT General on HQ Assault granting 'Fire Discipline' and 'Defilade(?)' to Aliens stading near his corpse

Taijian

Dead ADVENT General on HQ Assault granting 'Fire Discipline' and 'Defilade(?)' to Aliens stading near his corpse

Post by Taijian »

1) The version of Long War you are playing: 1.1

2) The platform you are playing on: Linux

3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with?

Additional Icons
Armoury Navigation Fixes
AWC Cost & Other Fixes
AWC Squadsight Fix
Basic Module Names Text Fix
Blackmarket Usage
Capnbubs Accessories Pack
Cinematic Rapid Fire
Civilians Scream
Clean Cinematic
Evac All
Extract Corpses
Free Reload Anytime
Gotcha Again
Instant Avenger Menus
ISky's Big LW2 Name Mod
LW2: Better Squad Icon Selector
LW2: Requested Squad Icons
LW2: ShowMeTheSkills Revived
Mission Award Variety
Mod Config Menu
More Cities
More Exciting UFO Chases
New Passive Icons
No Drop-down Lists
Overwatch All/Others
Peek From Concealment
Revivial Protocol and Restoration Fix
robojumper's various speed-ups
Shaken Scars are Back!
Show Enemies on Mission Planning
Show More Buff Details
Skulljack Feedback Fix
Stabilize Me!
Stop Wasting My Time
SuppressionPlus
Tactical UI KillConter
Title Menu Continue Button
Uniforms Manager
Update Carries Units
Upgrade Reminder

4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it.

On my first ever HQ assault, I engaged the Boss Pod with the General from Range with my sniper. Upon inspection of the Alien Units, all of them benefitted from 2 command effects (officer perks) from the General, similar to how XCOM units would from their officer perks. However, these effects persisted even after the General was killed, and also showed on Alien Units (from other, previously inactive pods) later moving near his corpse. Alien Units further away from the corpse did not show these effects.
By effects, I mean that they showed the two green arrows indicating buffs. On mouseover, they showed as 'Fire Discipline' and 'Defilade'.

5) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at.

Unfortunately not, as I am currently playing on Ironman.

Also, please allow me to express how much I enjoy playing LW2! You guys really did an amazing job!
dstar3k

Re: Dead ADVENT General on HQ Assault granting 'Fire Discipline' and 'Defilade(?)' to Aliens stading near his corpse

Post by dstar3k »

Taijian wrote:On my first ever HQ assault, I engaged the Boss Pod with the General from Range with my sniper. Upon inspection of the Alien Units, all of them benefitted from 2 command effects (officer perks) from the General, similar to how XCOM units would from their officer perks. However, these effects persisted even after the General was killed, and also showed on Alien Units (from other, previously inactive pods) later moving near his corpse. Alien Units further away from the corpse did not show these effects.
By effects, I mean that they showed the two green arrows indicating buffs. On mouseover, they showed as 'Fire Discipline' and 'Defilade'.
What do you expect? You killed their general! His body is just laying there, exhorting them to make you _pay_ for killing him!

(Hey, it makes a decent in-game explanation if it's not fixable for some reason....)