My top QoL request

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
Plockets

My top QoL request

Post by Plockets »

The Haven/Squad management of soldiers is seriously the single thing which annoys me more than anything else in the LW2 UI. You have to go through so many menus/screens to move a soldier in/out of Havens/Squads and gear them for missions/raids that sometimes I even forget WTF I was trying to do before I can click through all the menus -- what was that soldier's name? where was he? what was I going to give him? I have read that you will be able to gear Advisers from the Armory in 1.3 at least, which will help a lot, but I think there is still one simple (I hope) thing which could further improve QoL in this regard.

And that is.. make the Status column in the Soldier list clickable, such that it removes the soldier from it's Squad or Haven or Training, or just add another column with a button that does this. Boom, now you would be able to instantly make soldiers available for missions or Havens from the exact same place where you can see what all of them are doing. Bonus points if you could also just assign Available soldiers in the Soldier list to Havens in the same way, and a "Make Available" button was also in the character sheet. Not sure how hard it would be to do, since it would need to be disabled for Haven Advisers during raids and such, but this would far and away be my number 1 feature request.
Sax2514

Re: My top QoL request

Post by Sax2514 »

I made a thread similar to yours some days ago: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 812#p37812
Basically I suggest the creation of a section, in the armory, just for Haven Advisers, where you go there and manage them in a single place without going from a section to another. I also suggests that soldiers could be, at the same time, both Haven Advisers and also in a squad, so if you need one of them for an important mission, you just select him/her for the mission, without manually removing from the resistance page.
Plockets

Post by Plockets »

Mainly, what I want is to be able to actually select soldiers for missions when I click on the "Select Soldier" for missions, without making 11 clicks to go through 6 different screens. Yes, it really is that many clicks/screens (at best): back out of soldier list, back out of mission screen, click on resistance manager, click on correct Haven (if you even know which one), click on adviser, back out of haven screen, back out of resistance screen, click on mission, click confirm mission, click select solider, click on soldier. Oh, and you might get to do the whole process 3+ times if you later decide you want to pull some people from training and/or other Havens.

Although it could help, I don't know that adding another entire screen/menu is needed. Just adding "Make Available" functionality to the "Status" column we already have (or adding 1 more column with a button that does that) should be good enough, and would probably be easier to code as well.
Last edited by Plockets on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sax2514

Post by Sax2514 »

Plockets wrote:
Although it could help, I don't know that adding another entire screen/menu is needed. Just adding functionality to the "Status" column we already have (or adding 1 more column with a button) should be good enough, and would probably be easier to code as well.
that's even a better solution
SilentJ

Post by SilentJ »

+1

Yes please. I really want to use squads but this aspect of additional clicking to add and remove squad members to use as haven leaders is so frustrating. Also having to manually kick haven leaders before selecting them for missions is quite annoying.