Long War 2 Tech Tree *UPDATED*

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Long War 2 Tech Tree *UPDATED*

Post by deaconivory »

sarge945

Re: Long War 2 Tech Tree

Post by sarge945 »

Maybe I am wrong here, but magnetic weapons don't seem that much harder to get than Laser weapons, according to this tech tree. Why not just skip Laser entirely?
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

sarge945 wrote:Maybe I am wrong here, but magnetic weapons don't seem that much harder to get than Laser weapons, according to this tech tree. Why not just skip Laser entirely?
Depends on if you want to get Plasma for the endgame.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

deaconivory wrote:Depends on if you want to get Plasma for the endgame.
I can probably just do Laser research right before getting plasma if I really want it.

Still effectively skipping the tier though, since early-game resources seem to be a lot harder to get.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

sarge945 wrote:Maybe I am wrong here, but magnetic weapons don't seem that much harder to get than Laser weapons, according to this tech tree. Why not just skip Laser entirely?
A missed shot deals zero damage. Lasers get a small acc bonus which helps early while enemies are low hp and your troops are low stats.
steave

Post by steave »

I ended up doing that by accident (unlocked laser and mag at the same time somehow, so just went mag).
Magnetic weapons are about twice the cost, and it's been super hard to afford them, but I am still on my first campaign and I did make a bunch of mistakes early on, so supply issues may not be as severe on a second go trough.
Wizardgreen

Post by Wizardgreen »

where is " gun-type heavy weapons" for exo armor?

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=23355

in this post,we can see johnnylump say
"The Heavy armors are still in the game. For the other classes they give access to the gun-type heavy weapons."
" For the Technical they give extra uses of the Rocket Launcher or the Flamethrower."

my English not very good, but it's mean A big gun or some heavy gun to main weapon right?

Yes. They add another Heavy Weapon to soldiers who are not Technicals. Technicals get more ammo for rockets or flamethrower.
Wizardgreen

Post by Wizardgreen »

Sorry i am confused.. I mean...
1.I dont see any gun-type heavy weapon on my exo armor
2.I dont see any heavy weapon research on tech tree

so... "Gun-type heavy weapon" is mean a new primary weapon ,like heavy rife、heavy sinper rife? or jusy a heavy weapon slot?

ty for ur reply

It's a slot in the exo suit that only takes specific heavy weapons (shred cannon, rockets, etc). You can create more once your researched them in the Proving Ground.
UraniumOverdose

Post by UraniumOverdose »

I get laser weapons for a couple reasons. The main reason is the accuracy boost.
The second reason is their cost is cheaper than mag weapons. I have a small stockpile of laser weapons, just in case I have several infiltrations going on at once. So if I run out of mag weapons I can always stick a laser weapon on the leftovers. In addition I always stick laser weapons on low ranks I am trying to level up even if a mag weapon is open, due to their low aim.

Another non stat reasons is the laser weapons are just damn cool. I love their sound and look.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Was the "MimicBeacons" PG project (declared as being available after Advanced Grenades in the INI file) accidentally skipped on that Tech-Tree sample?

I woud also recommend inserting a few notes or tags that could "compare" the charted elements with XC2 stuff that sticks & "Gives Focus to" newest features being added (or that replaces anything) like Renders, Ammo Rounds, some Techs (Drone..Robotics), the switch between Trooper & Officer Autopsies, etc.
For example...

There's a lot of empty white space to use if need be.
Please. :idea:
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Okay -- here's what i mean by a "more" informative version.
http://imgur.com/a/mA0C6
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

A more comprehensive tech tree was posted recently on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... tech_tree/

http://i.imgur.com/Ciff0nO.jpg
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Are you sure there's no other pre-requisite for psionics?

I've done sectoid autopsy and I don't see the option. It is quite early in the campaign (early May) but this time I got a load of scientists and not many engineers, so I thought I'd go early psi lab before proving ground.

Does it perhaps need officer autopsy? That's th only one I can think of I haven't done.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

You need to have all the required materials before it appears. Do you have the necessary Elerium Cores?