[Glitch] Pistols not showing up, weapons being switched(?)

Sylvester

[Glitch] Pistols not showing up, weapons being switched(?)

Post by Sylvester »

I have a Sharpshooter who got some AWC perks for the Pistol, so I equipped it on her. She has it on her hip, all's good. I start a mission and it disappears. If I save and reload, it appears properly. I don't know what could cause that. I disabled all major changing mods for Long War and scanned the list of compatibilities. I have stuff like Gotcha, Perfect Information, Stop Wasting My Time and QOL stuff, and a full range of cosmetic mods and whatnot and this never happened before in vanilla. Maybe there's some conflict with the Holotargeter taking up its usual slot?

Also I started a haven defense mission and one of my soldiers had their weapon replaced with an unupgraded version for no reason. They had not been hospitalized or wounded at all. Again, no crazy mods.

If the LW Team has some insight please offer it to me!
Amineri

Re: [Glitch] Pistols not showing up, weapons being switched(?)

Post by Amineri »

We'd seen the disappearing pistol bug during testing, but I'd put in a fix for it and it hadn't been reported since, so I thought I'd fixed it.

If you are seeing the holotargeter in the same pistol slot, that's like the problem. The holotargeter should be showing up in a new attachment slot on the soldiers' lower back. The pistol should remain on the right hip where it was in base XCOM 2. There have been some tweaks to this system (differentiated socket positions for male/female skeletons) that will be coming out in the patch.
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Amineri wrote:We'd seen the disappearing pistol bug during testing, but I'd put in a fix for it and it hadn't been reported since, so I thought I'd fixed it.

If you are seeing the holotargeter in the same pistol slot, that's like the problem. The holotargeter should be showing up in a new attachment slot on the soldiers' lower back. The pistol should remain on the right hip where it was in base XCOM 2. There have been some tweaks to this system (differentiated socket positions for male/female skeletons) that will be coming out in the patch.
Sure, the holotargeter shows up on the back hip as described and the pistol is on the right leg. Just disappears when maps start but comes back on save reloads =V
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

Same thing happens for me, had a Shock Trooper with Clutch shot and a Sharp with Fan Fire, gun doesn't render going into the mission, but shows up if you load a save.
naschkokthe3rd

Post by naschkokthe3rd »

I have the same bug. The pistol works, but it is invisible. Hopefully this is addressed in the patch.
kexon

Post by kexon »

Win 10 pc, Lw 1.1, no other mods.
Same issue here, so far having with both: standart pistol and with pistol that comes with alien hunters dlc. When firing standart pistol shots and shadowfall ability as well, shot animation works, but model of pistol seems invisible. In barracs pistol located on a right leg, as it should be, btw.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Can you report which of the three utility slots you are putting the pistol in?
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

Somewhat related -- I'm seeing my modded weapons occasionally un-equip themselves and land back in the weapon pool.

This seems to happen on Officers after training or learning new Officer perks, and perhaps also after AWC training. I haven't exactly verified how it's happening, but I've seen it now more than once.
kexon

Post by kexon »

johnnylump wrote:Can you report which of the three utility slots you are putting the pistol in?
Yes, i tried to put pistol in each slot at least once. And it seems invisible in all of them.
But i somehow found a "workaround" of this. After loading a save of mission (no matter autosave, quicksave or manual as it seems) pistol shows up and work properly for remainder of mission (no matter which utility slot was used, btw). Good thing im not playing ironman i guess ;)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Our tester DeaconIvory says this is because of the mod Stop Wasting My Time.

Note that this mod also has *gameplay* effects because it messes with the Avenger's movement speed (which we did already to calibrate it to the new strategic game).

Stop Wasting My Time should not be used with Long War 2.
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

Ah, thank you Johnny! I am in fact using Stop Wasting My Time.
kexon

Post by kexon »

Well, this is strange then. :? Cuz I dont use any mods that change gameplay somehow. However, in means of curiocity i will try fresh verified reinstall with latest lw2 build, and even start a new campaign. Then report in, if bug still there.
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Turning off Stop Wasting My Time doesn't fix this issue. It's also not only the pistol that disappears, I've found, the sheathe for the Swords on Shinobi also disappears.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Did you also regenerate your inis after turning off a mod?
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Yes sir.
kexon

Post by kexon »

Sylvester wrote:Turning off Stop Wasting My Time doesn't fix this issue. It's also not only the pistol that disappears, I've found, the sheathe for the Swords on Shinobi also disappears.
+, can confirm that sheathe also disappears like pistol does. Even on fresh install with regenerated ini's without any other mods
plm44

Post by plm44 »

I can confirm also that pistols vanish also iv noticed that IF YOU MODIFY any xcom soldier before embarking on ANY mission this bug occurs aswell

So far the bug ocurs from unknonw causes for me
If i reload any game that has invisible pistols during the missions , the pistols start showing up during that mission
AFter the mission all ok
Doing another mission ( whatever that may be ) AND customising that sodding xcom wich had any pistol equipped , during the mission AGAIN its missing BUt if im not customising said solider with the pistol equipped the glitch doesnt occur also

I dont have that StopWastingMyTime mod and also i tried on a clean save with xcom lw 2 enabled and no other mod that modifies the game or affects gameplay or anything so yea its defenately a big issue. :cry: :shock:
K1D27H

Post by K1D27H »

I can confirm this as well. Even with every other mods disabled, the pistol still does not appear on my sharpshooter. It is rather strange however that he has flashbang model shown even if I did not equipped him (also appear on every other soldiers that do not loaded with flashbang).
Last edited by K1D27H on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt_Chaos

Post by Cpt_Chaos »

Can confirm this bug too. Soldier on mission shots with her fingers, looks very funny ;-) . Only happened to me with the Shadowkeeper pistol so far (didn't equip normal pistols yet - will do that and see if its the same).
Shadow86

Post by Shadow86 »

I keep getting this bug in LW2 1.1 with both the Shadowkeeper pistol (I don't think I've ever seen it in combat yet) and the laser one, and I've never used Stop Wasting My Time. Mostly on a Sharpshooter of mine, but I did use the special gun with a Shinobi a couple of times, and it was also invisible.

I'm using the following mods, mostly cosmetic and quality of life:

CapnBubs Accessories Pack
Gotcha
Evac All
Overwatch All/Others
Perfect Information
Uniforms Manager
LW2 Better Squad Icon Selector

EDIT: Confirmed workaround for this is saving and reloading the mission if you notice the pistols are functional but graphically absent. Still, it'd be nice if this were fixed.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Bumping this one as i have been encountering it lately (LW 1.2)
Pistols were working fine in the beginning of the campaign. However i noticed that the T3 Arc Thrower (that also uses pistol animations as far as i can tell) was missing from my assault and causing a cut-out animation also described in this thread

I don't know whether or not it's related but ever since i started using this T3 Arc Thrower my "pistols" and other items using pistol animations (like holotargetter) seem to sometimes disappear. The soldier shows an animation with empty hand and is able to shoot but the pistol model doesn't show. Reloading a save has worked for fixing the missing pistol, i'll have to check this on the Arc Thrower.

Strange glitch.

List of mods

Code: Select all

QoL (10):
	Perfect Information                      	PerfectInformation                   	625737801
	Additional Icons                         	LootIndicator                        	646244015
	Show More Buff Details                   	ShowMoreBuffDetails                  	709499969
	Alien Hunters Armor Customization Tweaks 	AlienHuntersArmorCustomizationTweaks 	759818605
	Gotcha (Flank Preview Evolved)           	FlankPreview                         	629910798
	Free Reload Anytime                      	FreeReloadAnytime                    	670217680
	LW2: Better Squad Icon Selector          	LW2BetterSquadIconSelector           	848382778
	TacticalUI KillCounter                   	KillCounter                          	749138678
	Evac All                                 	EvacAll                              	618669868
	Overwatch All/Others                     	OverwatchAll                         	621695447

Total Overhaul (1):
	Long War 2                               	LW_Overhaul                          	844674609

Cosmetic (4):
	Capnbubs Accessories Pack                	CapnbubsAccessoriesPack              	618977388
	Menace 1 Five Tattoos                    	Menace 1 Five Tattoo                 	Unknown
	LW2: Requested Squad Icons               	LW2RequestedSquadIcons               	849597889
	MtM's LW2 Squad Icon Pack                	LW2_MtMSquadIconPack                 	849361583

Additional Items (2):
	[LW2] Katana Pack Reloaded               	KatanaMod                            	698579656
	[LW2] SpecOps Combat Knives              	CombatKnife                          	677573817
Cpt_Chaos

Post by Cpt_Chaos »

just a heads-up: seems like some folks over at reddit are having the same problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... o_hell_and
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

So, I've tracked down the problem and it seems reproducible only if you have Overwatch All enabled. I'm not sure what in particular in that mod causes the bug, or what weird interaction between it and LW2 does.

Overwatch All is quite old (last updated Feb 2016) and basically the same as my Evac All mod from that time, but Evac All doesn't have this problem - at least not anymore. I rewrote Evac All a few months ago to take advantage of the new mod hooks that were added in one of the patches and deleted all the old legacy code. It's possible that the legacy implementation still used in Overwatch All is causing something to go wonky, but again the code has nothing to do with the graphical representation of the soldiers at all.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

tracktwo wrote:So, I've tracked down the problem and it seems reproducible only if you have Overwatch All enabled. I'm not sure what in particular in that mod causes the bug, or what weird interaction between it and LW2 does.

Overwatch All is quite old (last updated Feb 2016) and basically the same as my Evac All mod from that time, but Evac All doesn't have this problem - at least not anymore. I rewrote Evac All a few months ago to take advantage of the new mod hooks that were added in one of the patches and deleted all the old legacy code. It's possible that the legacy implementation still used in Overwatch All is causing something to go wonky, but again the code has nothing to do with the graphical representation of the soldiers at all.
Well, I don`t have Overwatch All and I have this glitch.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Stroggus: Are you using any pistol-themed mods?