Rapid reaction allowing up to 5 shots if you activate things on your turn

steave

Rapid reaction allowing up to 5 shots if you activate things on your turn

Post by steave »

This is hard to reproduce since it requires very specific circumstances, but it seems that if you go on rapid reaction OW during your turn and activate a pod and fire on it, but do not use up all your OW shots, you are still able to take 3 shots during the alien turn.
I was on the forge mission, activated a pair of pods with a sting grenade and then moved up my ranger and put him on OW. Later during the turn, I accidentally pulled a 3rd pod, and my ranger fired exactly 2 shots at them, and then during their turn, he fired 3 more. Once I got control back, I double checked his ammo, and he was down to 1 out of 6, and he started the previous turn with 6, and spent an action on moving, so all of the shots must have been OW, there is no chance I got misinterpreted what was going on.
Command was used on my sniper, so I did not fire the 2 shots, command and then OW again or anything.
I do have a before and after save, but when I tried to reproduce, the ranger fired 3 shots on the activating pod this time, breaking the OW.
bountygiver

Re: Rapid reaction allowing up to 5 shots if you activate things on your turn

Post by bountygiver »

this is due to the event to reset the counter happens on any player turn begin instead of owning player
steave

Re: Rapid reaction allowing up to 5 shots if you activate things on your turn

Post by steave »

bountygiver wrote:this is due to the event to reset the counter happens on any player turn begin instead of owning player
Yes, that seems like the obvious explanation ;)