No POIs - wasn't this fixed?

Mouse_Nightshirt

No POIs - wasn't this fixed?

Post by Mouse_Nightshirt »

Hello folks,

I'm well into a LW2 campaign and I've noted for the last 10 or so ingame months, I've had no POIs other than the normal guerrila missions and golden path stuff.

I've had no soldiers to collect, no MECs, and no DLC missions other than lost towers which I've done.

When I do Intel package missions (the non-lib ones), I get nothing in return at all, other than the direct intel or supply rewards. I think I saw this mentioned before and that it was fixed, but in my case, it's still ongoing. Does anyone know what might be going on?
Jadiel

Re: No POIs - wasn't this fixed?

Post by Jadiel »

There was a fix for the lack of DLC PoIs, but this only affects new campaigns I think, so you'd have to have restarted during 1.2 to benefit from it.

The game generates a list of PoIs at the start of the game, and once you've got them all, there aren't any more. After that point, I think you just get supplies instead of the Intel Packages which would otherwise be PoIs.

I'm not sure whether any changes are planned to the PoI mechanic for 1.3.
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

In my current run, started a month ago, after 1.2 came out. I have YET to get the Alien nest to spawn. Its now January in my game.
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Mouse_Nightshirt wrote:Hello folks,

I'm well into a LW2 campaign and I've noted for the last 10 or so ingame months, I've had no POIs other than the normal guerrila missions and golden path stuff.

I've had no soldiers to collect, no MECs, and no DLC missions other than lost towers which I've done.

When I do Intel package missions (the non-lib ones), I get nothing in return at all, other than the direct intel or supply rewards. I think I saw this mentioned before and that it was fixed, but in my case, it's still ongoing. Does anyone know what might be going on?
I had this happen to me. I think it started after Lost Towers; eventually the Nest popped, and after that I started getting POIs again. Could be coincidence, but... could it maybe be trying to force the Nest, and failing because it's too early for the Nest to pop, and so just provides nothing?
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

PoIs eventually stop spawning in vanilla XCOM2 as well. I think it's unavoidable unless Firaxis fixes it or Johnnylump and co. pull some real magic out of their butts (they tend to do that a lot, as is evidenced by LW2 itself)