Appreciation from a new poster

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
marlaki

Appreciation from a new poster

Post by marlaki »

I'd just like to add how much I appreciate how the effort to revive LW for WOTC, vanilla game simply lacks the tension and feeling of a fight against the odds that LW has, not even my mega modded WOTC game can ever hope to replicate that,I especially like the fact that you actually get to use conventional weaponry for more than 3 missions(in LW1 and 2). Just the hope of one day playing LWOTC makes me happy as it is.

However, I do find it strange that is almost no info/exposure regarding this fan continuation whatsoever, seriously I do not even know that this continuation existed until recently.

I wonder what's keeping the mod off steam workshop? Also, just how playable/stable is the mod in its current state? What major WOTC feature is yet to be integrated?
paledbrook

Re: Appreciation from a new poster

Post by paledbrook »

It isn't on Steam because it relies on a custom version of the WOTC Community Highlander mod. Eventually the required changes will be available in the published beta version of the highlander, but that will take time.

The mod is pretty stable and it's currently in a state of being LW2 with some WOTC features included, such as The Lost, faction soldiers, resistance orders, fatigue and so on. There have also been some balance changes to negate some of the strongest abilities.

The Chosen can be enabled, but their integration is still experimental. There is a plan to change how they work so they fit LW campaigns better.

Sit Reps still need to be added. I can't remember any other major feature that still needs to be included other than that.