Nukes disappear

Liketearsinrain

Nukes disappear

Post by Liketearsinrain »

I did unite Iran with the Greater Caliphate. Iran had 1 nuke, the Caliphate had 0. After unification the Caliphate still had ZERO nukes. So where did my nuke go?

Let's guess what will happen when Russia becomes part of the Greater EU, the 30 russian nukes will just disappear?!
anonusername

Re: Nukes disappear

Post by anonusername »

IIRC, you only get the nukes if you already had a nuclear program. So, the EU taking Russia should get their nukes because France starts with 3. But, SK taking NK wouldn't get a nuke because they have 0 to begin.
Liketearsinrain

Post by Liketearsinrain »

OK, thank you.

I can understand this as a game mechanic now, makes it easier to program it that way, but it is still BS when I apply real world logic
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

Liketearsinrain wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:36 am OK, thank you.

I can understand this as a game mechanic now, makes it easier to program it that way, but it is still BS when I apply real world logic
Agreed completely.
After Unification, perhaps there could be an event roll to decide if the Nuclear Scientists & Engineers transfer with the newly Unified state or become dissidents & leave. That would be better, I think, than the tech just getting unrealistically lost....