New GOG version.

Shaddar

New GOG version.

Post by Shaddar »

I want to ask when there will be an update for gog? I don't really want to buy this game a second time on steam.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: New GOG version.

Post by johnnylump »

We will update the GOG version when we update the "default" Steam branch (the one 97% of Steam players are on). We are working very hard to get a stable version with all the fixes up there, but we can't promise a specific time -- it's ready when it's ready.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

(with apologies for the ignorance) - what's GOG, please?
I ask out of sheer curiosity.
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

Thank You.
I had no idea that site even existed.
I am assuming it works in a similar manner to Steam, then?
It's certainly cheaper on some items - Witcher 3 Complete is just £6.99 vs £34.99 on Steam.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

neilwilkes wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:30 am Thank You.
I had no idea that site even existed.
I am assuming it works in a similar manner to Steam, then?
It's certainly cheaper on some items - Witcher 3 Complete is just £6.99 vs £34.99 on Steam.
That's because it's owned by CD Projekt so they can charge lower prices on their own platform. GOG is better for older games that we used to have on discs: PC-CD/PC-DVD. GOG stands for (or stood for if they formally changed it) "Good Old Games." Lots of stuff you might have used to have (depending on your age) but can't find or make run anymore on modern systems, you can get on GOG.
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

Yup. There are some classics that you can get nowhere else.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.