Orbital Bombment Insane in 3.89?

Edmon

Orbital Bombment Insane in 3.89?

Post by Edmon »

I've been very much enjoying the game and have downloaded the latest patch, as I wanted to refuel a stranded ship.

While I've loved the changes so far, the aliens balled nearly every ship they have into one 400 ship ball.

Then proceeded to bombard earth.

In a matter of literal days, they killed 5 armies, and 0'ed out Europes Goverment and Stability, as well as killing 15%+ of the population of europe, causing a brown atmospheric damage to earth hue to appear. I lost 1.5 BIL / 41 BIL economic output per DAY.

The damage is relentless and basically game ending, space defences disappear in literal seconds. The planet is being scraped clean, in the kind of damage not seen in nearly 20 years of campaign, compressed into about 2 days of in game time.

Is this intended? I was playing a control Earth > Control Mars game and was doing very well, having a very strong position. But with this insane eraser ray cleaning the earth of literally everything in mere hours per target... I get the sinking feeling that the "meta" of securing earth's orbit early with a boost > mine > science rush is now the only way the game can be played. I had planned to secure Earth's orbit after mars, and in the previous patch, bombardments while annoying, weren't really a big issue.

If the damage continues at the current rate, the Earth will be a barren rock in under a month. I wish I was exaggerating... but it's just such an extreme change that it's literally taken a healthy playthrough and killed it dead, brought me to the forums to ask if this is really intended...
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Orbital Bombment Insane in 3.89?

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks for the report. Bombardment of Earth was intended to be toned down a bit for for .89, so this is strange to see. I've never seen a 400-ship alien force above Earth, so this is really interesting behavior. We'd really like it if you'd post a save in the Discord balance channel so we can take a look at what's going on directly. If you're not on Discord, you can send to support@pavonisinteractive.com.
Edmon

Post by Edmon »

Email sent :).
tknot21
Pavonis Dev

Post by tknot21 »

Email received. That's a doozy of a fleet. And the save for prior reproduces Victor-92 transferring from resupply into LEO without issue. Much appreciated Edmon.