Latest patch broke my economy

theblitz6794

Latest patch broke my economy

Post by theblitz6794 »

As I get into this late game, I start running a deficit propped up by space resources sales. The latest patch seem to have undone all the space resource selling techs that I researched. Basic metal is back to 85 cents
Attachments
moneybug.png
moneybug.png (496.48 KiB) Viewed 10400 times
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Latest patch broke my economy

Post by johnnylump »

I'm afraid you're the victim of a bugfix. Those techs had been far stronger than intended (and far stronger than their associated text would indicate), and the formula was corrected. Baseline metals cost at campaign start is 0.5 spacebucks per unit, so .89 is a meaningful increase. (Those values are also sensitive to how much is sold to Earth as well as economic activity on Earth).
2alexey

Post by 2alexey »

johnnylump wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:02 pm I'm afraid you're the victim of a bugfix. Those techs had been far stronger than intended (and far stronger than their associated text would indicate), and the formula was corrected. Baseline metals cost at campaign start is 0.5 spacebucks per unit, so .89 is a meaningful increase. (Those values are also sensitive to how much is sold to Earth as well as economic activity on Earth).
But this pretty much kills any point in selling resources as a mechanic. At those price levels, it's pointless. Supercoliders generate less cash than nanomanufacturies, fissles can't generate any notable income, exotics you will maybe get 2k of, so whole 200k if you sell every single bit of it, so maybe it will fund a year of deficit.
PAwleus

Post by PAwleus »

I agree, selling them is usually pointless, now. On the other hand it greatly elevates importance of Boost in later game, which is nice.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

last patch on validation addressed this
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

2alexey wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:43 pm
johnnylump wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:02 pm I'm afraid you're the victim of a bugfix. Those techs had been far stronger than intended (and far stronger than their associated text would indicate), and the formula was corrected. Baseline metals cost at campaign start is 0.5 spacebucks per unit, so .89 is a meaningful increase. (Those values are also sensitive to how much is sold to Earth as well as economic activity on Earth).
But this pretty much kills any point in selling resources as a mechanic. At those price levels, it's pointless. Supercoliders generate less cash than nanomanufacturies, fissles can't generate any notable income, exotics you will maybe get 2k of, so whole 200k if you sell every single bit of it, so maybe it will fund a year of deficit.
Okay, I apologise in advance if this is a silly thing to say because I have not as yet got this far - but here's a thought:
Don't run at a deficit?? So far I have only ever run out of money once and that was because I made mistakes but since then - even though at times things were bloody tight - I have never run at a deficit. There are always Nations you can wreck for the cash
2alexey

Post by 2alexey »

neilwilkes wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:34 am
2alexey wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:43 pm
Okay, I apologise in advance if this is a silly thing to say because I have not as yet got this far - but here's a thought:
Don't run at a deficit?? So far I have only ever run out of money once and that was because I made mistakes but since then - even though at times things were bloody tight - I have never run at a deficit. There are always Nations you can wreck for the cash
Why post a silly thing then? :D
You get money by spending IPs, or boost or metals or metals and fissles, with different outcomes depending on refining method, and different risks asociated. If one of methods of deficit management that used to be perfectly viable, but was nerfed beyond the point of viability well it doesn't need to exist and can just be cut.

Used to have safe but inefficient funding, bad in the long run but potent in short spoils, space infrastructure but ony over habitable planets that consumes boost, space infrastructure anywhere but consumes metals, and massive space infrastructure that requires expensive tech, consumes metals and fissles, needs to be defended, but if it works, it generates incredible profit.
Nerfing sales of antimatter and resources as makes game far more stale, and limits your options. It just means spam more stations with insert method of cash generation.
PAwleus

Post by PAwleus »

neilwilkes wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:34 am There are always Nations you can wreck for the cash
No, there aren't when you have eg. -5800 cash per day in the late game because you develop so fast in space that you can't provide enough Boost on Earth to maintain space infrastructure needed to pay for itself. You can see results of such a development here.