Unable to run in Offline Mode

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
MacroNova

Unable to run in Offline Mode

Post by MacroNova »

Randomly out of nowhere, the game stopped running in offline mode. It says Preparing to run... and then "Failed to contact Steam servers."

Ultimately I had to uninstall Steam and then redownload and install XCOM / Long War. Now, oddly, it still won't launch in offline mode, but it will run in online mode and doesn't freeze at Loading User Settings.

Bizarre. Anyone have any idea what happened?
rift

Re: Unable to run in Offline Mode

Post by rift »

I read your post and I decided to try it, and I get the same thing. Steam gets stuck on this screen
2017-06-19_203338.png
2017-06-19_203338.png (2.8 KiB) Viewed 11405 times
after a while it shows this
2017-06-19_210243.png
2017-06-19_210243.png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 11405 times
This seems like a Steam issue though, not XCOM. Steam users have been complaining about similar errors for years.
Stweels

Post by Stweels »

Try setting your system time back by two weeks. There is currently a problem on Steam that locks out games that have never been played on line. It's causing a lot of crap in the CIV Vi communities.

- Steel Wheels
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Post by szmind »

Stweels wrote:Try setting your system time back by two weeks. There is currently a problem on Steam that locks out games that have never been played on line. It's causing a lot of crap in the CIV Vi communities.

- Steel Wheels
Confirmed :) The only working solution seems setting date in the system before 14th of June. A giant shame for Steam - not enough money or what? Though I do not suffer the issue.
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Post by Tanalbi »

I was without internet the WHOLE day, and when i wanted to play XCOM in offline mode, it worked perfectly fine for me, and i didn't had that date thing modified or anything
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"